Could the Big 12 be the best basketball conference?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
You said everyone else agreed with you. Only 2 did. No one else.

Another post with no substance other than to be on here to argue. Good job out of you. What is that now post number 10 in this thread with no actual substance. Keep arguing, someone might actually care what you say if you say it enough, but more than likely not.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Villanova was only unranked because people hadn't caught how good they are.
Still, we're not the best basketball conference. Our top end is good, like every conference. The rest, not so much. Overall, an average conference. Not too high, not too low.

Hey, don't sell yourself short Erik. You have a fantastic bottom.

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
Villanova was only unranked because people hadn't caught how good they are.
Still, we're not the best basketball conference. Our top end is good, like every conference. The rest, not so much. Overall, an average conference. Not too high, not too low.

There are 32 conferences, so being in the top 3 or 4 isn't average. Out of BCS AQ conferences I would agree with you.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Bumping my own thread from early December when many didn't agree with me.

I know we still have the NCAA tourney to play and that could factor into this discussion, but at this point, I would like to toot my own horn. toot toot.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Um, no

Too early to tell how the conferences stack up, but no way, no how is the Big12 the toughest. When you have 12 automatic wins in conference play basically, that is criminally easy.

This was my favorite response. Explain who the 12 automatic wins were again?

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
This was my favorite response. Explain who the 12 automatic wins were again?

nearly an entire 7 thread nearly dedicated to his complete stupidity on this topic. I hope he's gone for good after looking as dumb as he has. Pretty sure Iowa would have had 3 automatic wins in the Big XII, and that might have been about it. Even that is assuming they got TCU and Texas Tech before the last month of the season.

Last edited:

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Seriously? Please for the love of God, read the thread. Almost everyone agreed with me that the Big12 was top heavy, and probably not the best conference (at the time it was early Dec.). At that time, nobody had a clue that K-State would be good, heck there were thread on here about how God awful they were, and WVU was terrible in the non con. So it was thought that the bottom 4 for sure (TCU, Tech, K-State, and WVU) were gonna be terrible, and OU and Texas weren't seen as NCAA teams at that point either. Most thought this was a 4 team league at the time (Kansas, OSU, ISU, and Baylor).

Plus lets not pretend like I was far off on my ISU prediction, I said this in this thread.

What? Thinking ISU will win is Iowa homerism???

I predicted ISU to go 10-2 against the bottom 6 in the Big12 (losing two, don't know which ones, but I realize it is tough winning on the road).

I'm not sure why you are ticked at me for thinking ISU can/should win????

My bad, ISU went 9-3 against the bottom 6 in the Big12.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Seriously? Please for the love of God, read the thread. Almost everyone agreed with me that the Big12 was top heavy, and probably not the best conference (at the time it was early Dec.). At that time, nobody had a clue that K-State would be good, heck there were thread on here about how God awful they were, and WVU was terrible in the non con. So it was thought that the bottom 4 for sure (TCU, Tech, K-State, and WVU) were gonna be terrible, and OU and Texas weren't seen as NCAA teams at that point either. Most thought this was a 4 team league at the time (Kansas, OSU, ISU, and Baylor).

Do those people you refer too also spend a lot of time telling us how low the basketball IQ is on CF?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Plus lets not pretend like I was far off on my ISU prediction, I said this in this thread.

My bad, ISU went 9-3 against the bottom 6 in the Big12.

I don't think anyone was dumb enough to think there were "12 automatic wins" in the Big 12

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who knows how many teams from the Big12 get in right now?? I know 4 will be in for sure, and I even said that if others get in, that yeah it changes losing on the road to them.

I mean seriously WTF is wrong with some of you? You really think you should be dropping 4 or more games to non NCAA teams in conference? Iowa didn't even make the freaking tournament and they went 7-2 against non NCAA BIG teams last year. ISU lost 2 games to non NCAA teams last year in conference. It is like if I come on here and say the sun will rise in the east, half of you will scream, NOT TRUE, YOU ARE A TROLL!!!!

How'd they do this year? #Rising

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Just ignore the moron troll. Its clear he's either trolling or knows nothing about CBB. Anyone that says that there are 12 automatic wins in the Big XII if f'n clueless. He can call all the people he wants homers doesn't hide that kind of stupidity. I really don't think Iowa goes better than .500 in either league and stands a better chance of going better than .500 in the B1G.

Yet, somehow he has spouting about automatic wins. So I guess he expects ISU to be a 3 seed in the NCAA because there are at least 5 teams that are going dancing and maybe 6 the way the Non-Con is going. No slip ups and the RPI for the top 6 are going to be better thean 50. The Big XII has played the toughest overall Non-Con this year and is going to be right up there with winning percentage. That is really going to push the RPI numbers through the roof, unless 2 or 3 teams have big "Soup bowl" style let downs this month.

Oklahoma is testing itslef at an appropriate level, if they can finish the Non-con strong, ISU can take care of what they are supposed and Texas Can get Can get even 1 of MSU or temple or North Carolina on the road,I'll be very confident in saying that the Big XII is top to bottom better than any league out there.

Props to this man. We shall call him Mikestradamus.

2012-2013: 20-11, 9-9, sixth Big 10
2013-2014: 20-11, 9-9, sixth Big 10
#rising?

Reactions: mikeiastat