Could the Big 12 be the best basketball conference?

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Except you were arguing it was the best conference. When no one agreed with you, you changed your argument to a top 3 conference midway through the thread. Please quote anyone that agreed with your original argument. I was going to quote everyone who disagreed, but that would be the entire thread.
If you are going to troll, at least of the courtesy to read the thread.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Not sure why people continue to dialog with trollvogs...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Things we know for sure:
1. The Big 12 is drastically better than the SEC, they have the advantage in this challenge in that our worst teams compete no matter what...yet we're still completely dominating them...except for one team that was very recently a Big 12 basketball team beating an unranked current Big 12 team.
2. There's enough computer data now that pretty much any metric has us as the 2nd, 3rd or 4th best conference in the nation. Anyone saying that's a "bad" conference is an irrational hater.

Can't go out on a limb saying the B12 is #1, but anyone who thinks another conference is drastically better than the B12 is an idiot. I'd say the same about the ACC, Big Ten, Pac 12. Big East, American, SEC and MWC fall in behind those four.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009

HAHA. So if I don't think the Big12 is the best conference I'm a troll? Or is it that I think ISU will go 10-2 against the bottom 6 teams in the Big12 that makes me a troll?

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013

I really don't know either. This is also the same guy who tried to argue that Matt Thomas would be a 30%-31% three point shooter at the college level.....

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Which is exactly why you are a troll with homerism.

Just ignore the moron troll. Its clear he's either trolling or knows nothing about CBB. Anyone that says that there are 12 automatic wins in the Big XII if f'n clueless. He can call all the people he wants homers doesn't hide that kind of stupidity. I really don't think Iowa goes better than .500 in either league and stands a better chance of going better than .500 in the B1G.

Yet, somehow he has spouting about automatic wins. So I guess he expects ISU to be a 3 seed in the NCAA because there are at least 5 teams that are going dancing and maybe 6 the way the Non-Con is going. No slip ups and the RPI for the top 6 are going to be better thean 50. The Big XII has played the toughest overall Non-Con this year and is going to be right up there with winning percentage. That is really going to push the RPI numbers through the roof, unless 2 or 3 teams have big "Soup bowl" style let downs this month.

Oklahoma is testing itslef at an appropriate level, if they can finish the Non-con strong, ISU can take care of what they are supposed and Texas Can get Can get even 1 of MSU or temple or North Carolina on the road,I'll be very confident in saying that the Big XII is top to bottom better than any league out there.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Never mind I see deanna is backing down from the 12 automatic wins and now saying 10-2. For the record. I'd be very happy with 9-3 against the bottom 6 in the Big XII. I would would only be satisfied with 10-2 against the bottom 6 of the B1G. Take that for what its worth.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
HAHA. So if I don't think the Big12 is the best conference I'm a troll? Or is it that I think ISU will go 10-2 against the bottom 6 teams in the Big12 that makes me a troll?

Calling the bottom 6 an automatic 12 wins is trolling. You're trying to play it off like you're complimenting Iowa State with that 10-2 prediction but you are actually just discrediting 60% of the conference. You are making that prediction off of how bad you think the bottom 6 are and not how good you think Iowa State is going to be.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Except you were arguing it was the best conference. When no one agreed with you, you changed your argument to a top 3 conference midway through the thread. Please quote anyone that agreed with your original argument. I was going to quote everyone who disagreed, but that would be the entire thread.

There are plenty here that agree, I asked a question on if they could be the best conference. To just answer, Um, No you are wrong is just pointless. If you do not agree, at least provide a REALISTIC argument on why they are not.

Last edited:

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
There are plenty here that agree, I asked a question on if they could be the best conference. To just answer, Um, No you are wrong is just pointless. If you do not agree, at least provide a REALISTIC argument on why they are not.

Quote those who said they are the best conference.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Never mind I see deanna is backing down from the 12 automatic wins and now saying 10-2. For the record. I'd be very happy with 9-3 against the bottom 6 in the Big XII. I would would only be satisfied with 10-2 against the bottom 6 of the B1G. Take that for what its worth.

12 automatic wins was strong, and that is why I changed it. Dropping 3 wouldn't be a big deal either, as I said, winning on the road is tough. Losing 4 though to non NCAA teams would be kind of disappointing. As I said if 5 teams make the NCAA out of the Big12 this all changes. I am talking about teams that don't make the NCAA ultimately.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
So i guess Iowa is also an automatic win? They are about the same in most the strength of schedule based rankings as the 5&6 teams in the Big XII. Granted its early Yet, but the Non-con is more than half over and the SOS calcs are getting clearer.

Bottom line is Yes the Big XII COULD be the Best Conference, but Right now there is more proof to be had. I like their chances. In a week I think things will come back down to earth with a few "unexplainable losses" ie MSU to north Carolina and we'll find the top four will in fact be very very similar. I still think that the Big XII will come out on top but by an "argueable margin" Right now they do appear to be the most prepared for the season and best tested against some of the best competition. I would say at this point the Big XII as a whole has easily performed better than any other conference.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
12 automatic wins was strong, and that is why I changed it. Dropping 3 wouldn't be a big deal either, as I said, winning on the road is tough. Losing 4 though to non NCAA teams would be kind of disappointing. As I said if 5 teams make the NCAA out of the Big12 this all changes. I am talking about teams that don't make the NCAA ultimately.

I will bet a lot of cash that the Big XII gets 5 in the NCAA. This is why you are a troll. You have no clue what you are talking about if you don't think that at least 5 teams are Bubble or higher. Bubble teams are not automatic wins on the road. And I think that 6 in the big XII will be bubble teams within 3 weeks from the end. I would love to see Iowa Go to Oklahoma WV or even Kansas State. If you think they would walk away with a sweep of those three you are a clear homer. And those are likely the 6,7 and * teams. I think Iowa goes 4-2 or 5-1. but to call them gimme's is just flat out stupid.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I will bet a lot of cash that the Big XII gets 5 in the NCAA. This is why you are a troll. You have no clue what you are talking about if you don't think that at least 5 teams are Bubble or higher. Bubble teams are not automatic wins on the road. And I think that 6 in the big XII will be bubble teams within 3 weeks from the end. I would love to see Iowa Go to Oklahoma WV or even Kansas State. If you think they would walk away with a sweep of those three you are a clear homer. And those are likely the 6,7 and * teams. I think Iowa goes 4-2 or 5-1. but to call them gimme's is just flat out stupid.

You're a lot more risky with your money than I am. Too much of a chance that OU, Texas, and WV beat up on eachother to get into the ncaa tournament.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009

Who knows how many teams from the Big12 get in right now?? I know 4 will be in for sure, and I even said that if others get in, that yeah it changes losing on the road to them.

I mean seriously WTF is wrong with some of you? You really think you should be dropping 4 or more games to non NCAA teams in conference? Iowa didn't even make the freaking tournament and they went 7-2 against non NCAA BIG teams last year. ISU lost 2 games to non NCAA teams last year in conference. It is like if I come on here and say the sun will rise in the east, half of you will scream, NOT TRUE, YOU ARE A TROLL!!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron