Could Melvin Ejim eclipse the 1000 point total this season?

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Currently at 971 points. Fanatics...what do you think? Does Mel break the 1,000 point barrier his junior year?

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Not to make a separate thread. But, Will Clyburn has 978 points in his career. So both Clyburn and Ejim have this attainable feat.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Of course, Jeff Grayer had a pretty wicked knee injury that he was fighting his last year in the program. IIRC, he hurt himself dunking in warmups, and Johnny institutued a "no dunking" rule because of that injury.

He got undercut while going in for a layup at Creighton early in his junior season.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Grayer was cheap shotted at Creighton. Was there and cost us the season and carried over to the next year. Detested Creighton ever since, until karma bit them in the ### and they hired chewy. Doug goes, CU down the tubes.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Do fanatics think I am of base by saying Melvin Ejim should NOT be considered one of our greats now? Seriously?!

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Initially, fanatics thought I was crazy by considering Ejim as one of Cyclone's greats. Look for yourself. Fanatics almost thought I was delusional..

That's where I thought you were going. It's more you.

I'm in full agreement. The man's jersey is going up in the rafters someday. He's incredible.

He's been the workhorse on a team, surrounded by flashy thoroughbreds. Think about it. He played as a freshman on a team led by future NBA'er Diante Garrett. His sophomore year, he was alongside Royce White. This season, he's surrounded by Korie Lucious, who has Final Four cred; Will Clyburn, who can wow a crowd with pure athleticism; and Georges Niang, the freshman who's taken the campus by storm.

Through it all, Ejim has just piled up numbers. He's always rebounded, his scoring has improved each year, and his outside game has grown this year to complement his inside game. There might always be people who overlook him or just think of him as a glue guy, but if he keeps putting up numbers like he did against Oklahoma and Notre Dame, everyone will have to take notice. If he stays healthy, he'll wind up his career next season as a four-year starter, and very few Cyclones in history will have compiled that many points AND that many rebounds in a career.

Enough to retire his jersey? That's such a high standard. Marcus Fizer left Ames as the best college player in the country, but I've never heard any serious talk of retiring his jersey. Ejim will have to work hard to get at least the All-Big XII honors next year that would get him closer to that discussion. But even if they never retire #3, Ejim is on track to wind up as one of the very best that's ever worn an ISU uniform.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
He's been the workhorse on a team, surrounded by flashy thoroughbreds. Think about it. He played as a freshman on a team led by future NBA'er Diante Garrett. His sophomore year, he was alongside Royce White. This season, he's surrounded by Korie Lucious, who has Final Four cred; Will Clyburn, who can wow a crowd with pure athleticism; and Georges Niang, the freshman who's taken the campus by storm.

Through it all, Ejim has just piled up numbers. He's always rebounded, his scoring has improved each year, and his outside game has grown this year to complement his inside game. There might always be people who overlook him or just think of him as a glue guy, but if he keeps putting up numbers like he did against Oklahoma and Notre Dame, everyone will have to take notice. If he stays healthy, he'll wind up his career next season as a four-year starter, and very few Cyclones in history will have compiled that many points AND that many rebounds in a career.

Enough to retire his jersey? That's such a high standard. Marcus Fizer left Ames as the best college player in the country, but I've never heard any serious talk of retiring his jersey. Ejim will have to work hard to get at least the All-Big XII honors next year that would get him closer to that discussion. But even if they never retire #3, Ejim is on track to wind up as one of the very best that's ever worn an ISU uniform.

Fizer didn't graduate. Ejim will.
We don't have anyone up there who didn't graduate. Ejim fits the bill as a student and an athlete.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

All kidding aside, he may be the smartest as he is the B12 scholar of the year.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Comparisons from Cyclone greatest's are ridiculous just read the previous posts. Really?!