Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
So then you personally know many people that have had a car wreck during this crisis and totaled their vehicle needing a new one.

Would you care to list the number, I am curious. Because I am sure the rest of the board knows of few if any. Myself, none.

But tell us how may people totaled their car this past month and need a replacement.

Nice straw man.

Reactions: Macloney

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
They can’t just do that without the consumer agreeing.

“Congratulations, we’ve extended the lease on your depreciating vehicle by 49 years!!!!”

And most leaseholders wouldnt want to anyway, as the lease generally goes up to the same point the warranty does- a lot of the benefit of leasing is never having to mess with most maintenance. Holding on to it a few months could be the difference, for instance, between having to replace the tires before turning it in or not.

Not to mention the math isnt as simple as just 'extend it a few more months'. The lease rate is a computed installment based on initial sale price and the expected residual value. The residual value would change with a few more months (downward) but probably not equal to the amount of your payment over that time (because the car is depreciating more slowly in year 3 than in year 1). It would be a bad deal for leaseholders.

Its funny too.. every time ive gone in a showroom, there are only a few people in there, most of them salespeople. Its less densely packed than just about any store, so its a weird hill to be dying on here. Especially now that you can set appointments for test drives, take the car on your own, and have the car delivered to your house. Theyre making it very minimal contact.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
5oxbfuuc52r41.gif

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Nice straw man.

So how many people do you know that have totaled their vehicle the past month and need another one?

Simple question, but you seem not to be able to answer it.

Last edited by a moderator:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So then you personally know many people that have had a car wreck during this crisis and totaled their vehicle needing a new one.

Would you care to list the number, I am curious. Because I am sure the rest of the board knows of few if any. Myself, none.

But tell us how may people totaled their car this past month and need a replacement.

I can tell you my one client car dealership sold 10 cars last week while another client car dealership sold 3. The first one mentioned was down but only slightly from normal and the 2nd one is way down from normal. Both only have about 3 - 4 people working at them.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I can tell you my one client car dealership sold 10 cars last week while another client car dealership sold 3. The first one mentioned was down but only slightly from normal and the 2nd one is way down from normal. Both only have about 3 - 4 people working at them.

So with only 3 or 4 people working, they either have offer little to know service, or its a second hand dealership.

Look its an pandemic, I know that does not bother some people, but until we lock it all down, its not going to slow down.
It like using birth control every other time, and then wondering, How did she get pregnant.

The more people that stay at home, the better chance we have to control it.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
So with only 3 or 4 people working, they either have offer little to know service, or its a second hand dealership.

Look its an pandemic, I know that does not bother some people, but until we lock it all down, its not going to slow down.
It like using birth control every other time, and then wondering, How did she get pregnant.

So, **** them. Lock it all down, I've already heard on here that if you don't already have 2 weeks of supplies that you are either poor or dumb. You don't have two refrigerators? Sorry, you should have. Need to drive somewhere? Sorry, it's an epidemic according to someone on CF.

Look dude, people need things and in America have the right to get them. I don't know why you can't realize that there may be times when people will NEED to buy cars to function in our society. This is not complicated.

Reactions: arobb

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Each one has the following:
1) salesperson
2) mechanic
3) buyer (is out at auctions buying cars for the lot) and can be a salesperson when he is at the office.
4) owner who is usually out running errands for the business

One did $1.5 million in sales for 2019 and the other did $1.1 million in sales for 2019, I consider that pretty good for how they are set up and not wanting to be big dealerships.

The problem is that you and others seem to think that a SIP is going to "lock it all down". That isn't going to happen. Yeah a few things that are currently open will close but a super majority of those places open now will still be open under a SIP. Do yourself a favor and read this link https://www.cisa.gov/publication/guidance-essential-critical-infrastructure-workforce

Scroll down and click on the + and read all the items the Department of Homeland Security deems essential. These are all items that WILL still be open under a SIP. That's just the base, the Governor (just as other state's Governor's did) will add items to that list that she deems essential.

Reactions: Macloney and Acylum

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Another snowflake, good to know.

So how many people do you know that have totaled their vehicle the past month and need another one?

Simple question, but you seem not to be able to answer it.

TROLL much?

You seem like more of the troll. Every thread you're in you end up in a fight with everyone.

It doesnt matter how many people someone personally knows. The fact is they exist and need new vehicles. Period.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Over 1100 people have died in the US so far today. Discuss.

I have a FB friend who posted a graph about lower pneumonia deaths compared to previous years and is basically saying people are really dying of that instead of covid. And lots of people are agreeing. I posted that’s to be expected because people are quarantining themselves so they aren’t being exploded to typical germs and flu viruses. Car accident deaths, flu deaths, and others are down because we aren’t leaving our houses. The response? “Well isn’t that convenient.”

Seriously, I guess you really can’t fix stupid. But holy **** is there a lot of stupid out there.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I suggest admins give me war powers to maintain covid threads. Only I can save this thread. Only I can provide how the the masses on cf.

Reactions: BoxsterCy
Status
Not open for further replies.