Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I don't know anybody who has tested positive for it yet. And that's the problem and reason for concern. I'll tread carefully here so as not to make this political, but due to the late start we got on testing and the limited availability of testing even now there is no way of knowing just how widespread it is and who may have been exposed or even had it already and passed it on and not even realized it.
Agree, not sure what the holdup is for testing. I do know there are a lot of hypochondriacs (spl?) that want tested and don't need it - akin to those hoarding TP out of panic when diarrhea isn't even a symptom.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Costco update. People waiting for a cart. Long lines but the store is ON IT.

edit: saw people with TP and PTs in their carts but they did not have any when we went back to the aisle.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Agree, not sure what the holdup is for testing. I do know there are a lot of hypochondriacs (spl?) that want tested and don't need it - akin to those hoarding TP out of panic when diarrhea isn't even a symptom.

Agreed. All in all it's a tricky line to walk - can you find the right balance of concern and good sense? Wanting a test even if you're not showing the symptoms is only going to make things worse by wasting resources that are needed for the people who actually are sick.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
Sam's Club in Ames yesterday, 95% of people had TP in their carts. A not insignificant portion had two giant packages......I don't understand it.

I just went to this store over lunch (I work in Ames), not crazy busy or anything but the paper products aisle (TP, Tissues, and Paper Towels) looked like a ghost town. And by that I mean nothing on the shelves, completely empty.

• Informative
Reactions: clonerules

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
Where I work we are not allowing visitors or travel for work to vendors/customers. Beginning to wonder if I may be working from home in the near future.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Right on. Two weeks ago I was "weird" and "antisocial". And now all of a sudden I'm a model citizen. How the tables have turned.

giphy.gif

Reactions: cdface

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Anybody been to Hy-Vee or Fareway today? Assume panic buying is picking up.
Wife went to the Wal-Mart in our town and the TP shelves were completely empty. Mother-in-law went to Fareway in the same town and they still had a supply, but it was much smaller than usual.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Anybody been to Hy-Vee or Fareway today? Assume panic buying is picking up.

Had to get a few staples at Wal-Mart today over lunch. Saw several couples/families camped out in cleaning supplies and non-perishables.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Where I work we are not allowing visitors or travel for work to vendors/customers. Beginning to wonder if I may be working from home in the near future.

I was sent home yesterday. Of course I WAS drunk and not wearing pants, but it could be the fever.

Seriously - my 1,800 person company (a utility in Spokane) has sent all non-essential home starting yesterday to work from home.

• Funny
Reactions: deadeyededric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron