Cornhole/Bag Set

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My wife bought mine several years ago for my birthday. They were from Victory. I feel as if the builder went a little heavy on the clear coat, because if they don't have a little moisture starting off early in the morning, the bags still slide quite a bit.

https://www.victorytailgate.com/cp-...lation+Cornhole+Game+Set+Vintage+Version.html

This is what I worry about. I really want to get a set and don't have the time or artistic ability to pull something off myself.

Anyone else have Victory Tailgate bag boards? I'm just curious as to how easily they slide when landing as that is a big negative to me when playing on some others boards.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Bump. Anyone have experience with Victory Boards and slickness? I contacted their customer service to see if I could get it ordered 'grittier' so they don't slide as much, and they said they can't however they'd recommend putting 2 coats of Flex Seal Clear on them aftermarket to assist if you don't want as much sliding.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Here is what my finished product looks like. I finished it about 3 weeks ago, just forgot to post.

The smaller stripe is the color of the board. I was going to pain this gold, but once I was done with everything I thought this looked pretty good without the gold, and was skeptical of the gold not drying to match identical to the decal.

I put on about 9 coats of Poly-acrylic. Id put on a coat, it would dry.. do another, then sand it down. I probably sanded it down 4/5 times during the process of putting on the 9 coats.

The slickness is perfect IMO. The bags can hit down around the decal and slide up to or in the hole.

51936030742__F8A66F56-C5EF-4434-BD09-41178F4C7FAC (002).JPG

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
I built my own set a couple years ago and after the cost of materials, tools I didn’t have, etc. it ended up being about $120 to make and took a me about 15 hours total (spread over 3 weekends). If I had to do it over again, I would probably buy the blank set as people suggested and paint/decorate myself. Would have saved quite a bit of time while still being customized.

That being said, you do have a little bit more pride in a set you built yourself. Also, I used 2x4’s for the base and legs and a ¾” laminate tops that I procured through work, so they are built like a tank and should hold up for a long time. A lot of the one’s you can buy pre-made tend to be a little flimsier.