Coordinators - for Rhoads......

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
Are there any coaches from Pitt that might be good for the OC / DC positions? There is all this talk about him taking from Auburn but he was only a coach there for 1 year and a coach with Pitt for 7. Also, are there any ex-Cy coaches (except for Wilson, Looney, Norvell) that would fit the OC /DC positions considering he was a ISU coach for 5 years?

Just wondering.

Last edited:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Are there any coaches from Pitt that might be good for the AC / DC positions? There is all this talk about him taking from Auburn but he was only a coach there for 1 year and a coach with Pitt for 7. Also, are there any ex-Cy coaches (except for Wilson, Looney, Norvell) that would fit the AC /DC positions considering he was a ISU coach for 5 years?

Just wondering.

Can't remember the guys name, but I read an article from a Pitt poster who said PR was VERY close to a guy that is now at South Carolina. I think the last name began with a C. Poster thought he would make a great DC for ISU and that he recruits Florida very well.

Really thought if PR went after him...he could get him based on how close they were and how well they worked together at Pitt.

mythreeclones

Dec 21, 2008
Ames
I know I am new here and not trying to cause a stir but what about Chuck Long for OC. He did a great job at Oklahoma as OC. Sure he tanked as a HC bet he can run a good offence.

FlashGordon

Dec 14, 2008
Ames
I know I am new here and not trying to cause a stir but what about Chuck Long for OC. He did a great job at Oklahoma as OC. Sure he tanked as a HC bet he can run a good offence.

I would dig this, but the issue is that Long will make a million dollars this year by sitting at home, and would forfeit that if he takes a job somewhere. So I'm guessing he's not gonna take an OC job anywhere this year.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

I have to disagree with this. Stoops brought in Kevin Wilson from Northwestern to "share" the OC with Long, but Wilson took over playcalling. Stoops had lost confidence in Long.

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
Can't remember the guys name, but I read an article from a Pitt poster who said PR was VERY close to a guy that is now at South Carolina. I think the last name began with a C. Poster thought he would make a great DC for ISU and that he recruits Florida very well.

Really thought if PR went after him...he could get him based on how close they were and how well they worked together at Pitt.

I think the East Carolina O coordinator..Todd Fitch will be our OC.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I think that the talent we are returning next year sets us up well for the spread offense. I would love to see the old OC at Auburn come here, and I would even be willing to give him more than half a year :smile:. With Darks, Hamilon, SedJ stretching the outside, and now with Money Reynolds running around in the slot I think our receiving core sets up well. Arnaud has shown his accuracy with short to intermediary routes is one of his strong points. Also, our RBs seem like they are good recievers. I think that Wallace Franklin could settle in well to a Chase Coffman type role as a spread TE.

Overall I would love to see us go to the spread. I just get the feelng you cannot compete in the Big 12, no matter how good your D is, without being able to put up 30-40 points a game.

Now PR, on defense you are on your own. My only suggestion is looking up the role of safetys in a defense, and relaying this information to your coaches and players.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I think that the talent we are returning next year sets us up well for the spread offense. I would love to see the old OC at Auburn come here, and I would even be willing to give him more than half a year :smile:. With Darks, Hamilon, SedJ stretching the outside, and now with Money Reynolds running around in the slot I think our receiving core sets up well. Arnaud has shown his accuracy with short to intermediary routes is one of his strong points. Also, our RBs seem like they are good recievers. I think that Wallace Franklin could settle in well to a Chase Coffman type role as a spread TE.

Overall I would love to see us go to the spread. I just get the feelng you cannot compete in the Big 12, no matter how good your D is, without being able to put up 30-40 points a game.

Now PR, on defense you are on your own. My only suggestion is looking up the role of safetys in a defense, and relaying this information to your coaches and players.
I think you mean Collin.... not that over hyped JUCO that never touched the field:skeptical:

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
I think you mean Collin.... not that over hyped JUCO that never touched the field:skeptical:

Actually, Wallace now wants to try for a medical red from his senior season because he hurt his shoulder, he wants to come back. I dont know how likely it is that he gets this, but atleast he wants to come back.

I will be bluntly honest with you on Gene Chiziks staff

They really, really, held grudges on people, seemed to play their guys, and their favorites. Wallace Franklin was the fastest straight line guy on the team, was never utilized. JJ Bass had a lot to prove, never got out of Chizik's doghouse. Jason Harris, to Alexander Robinson, "was good, dont know why they didnt play him more" he said the same for JJ.
Gotta love Arob. Most people didnt know, but Arob was hurt ALL season. from a bruised and swollen quad, to a hamstring, to stingers in the neck, to his knee, to his foot. Arob played through it all.

I feel there will be some pleasent surprises next season as far as who is talented goes.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Why were they this foolish? If the kids had an attitude problem, I'd understand. Surely some of those kids were just fine?

They got away with it because "their guys" seemed to be doing ok and showing promise for the future.

We had 3 RBs beat up all season, JJ, Jason, and Arob were all hurt at one time. We didnt see Jason Harris, we didnt see Rickey Thompsen Jr. 2 guys that ultimately deserved the chance.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Actually, Wallace now wants to try for a medical red from his senior season because he hurt his shoulder, he wants to come back. I dont know how likely it is that he gets this, but atleast he wants to come back.

I will be bluntly honest with you on Gene Chiziks staff

They really, really, held grudges on people, seemed to play their guys, and their favorites. Wallace Franklin was the fastest straight line guy on the team, was never utilized. JJ Bass had a lot to prove, never got out of Chizik's doghouse. Jason Harris, to Alexander Robinson, "was good, dont know why they didnt play him more" he said the same for JJ.
Gotta love Arob. Most people didnt know, but Arob was hurt ALL season. from a bruised and swollen quad, to a hamstring, to stingers in the neck, to his knee, to his foot. Arob played through it all.

I feel there will be some pleasent surprises next season as far as who is talented goes.

Interesting. You hinted at stuff like this all season, just didnt know it was that bad. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron