Coolest athlete photo: Iowa State Edition

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
30764328E.jpg

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
A lot of coaches have came and gone since Johnny, and people can argue about Tourney appearances W-L records etc... but he'll always be my personal favorite MBB coach at ISU.

If you wanted no lines at the concessions you went before they introduced Johnny. Nobody wanted to miss him coming out to the tonight show theme song. He is a legend

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Its amazing that Dietrich didn't break his neck doing this
Here's a YouTube video of the move. Agree - just watching his head bounce off the mat made me cringe:

It's cool but it doesn't end to well for Chris. He hugged him when they met to see if he could actually get his arms around his chest
Consider me a young buck. Would love to know what's going on here other than a little guy tossing a much bigger guy.
Who's the guy who is tossing him? Also, was this the heavyweight class? How is he wrestling someone 1/3 his size?
Good lord. Taylor was 436 lbs against Dietrich's 260 lb
Taylor was screwed in both of his losses, Freestyle ref was kicked out of the olympics after he admitted he awarded a point against Taylor because he felt sorry for the other guy. And Dietrich actually pinned himself first, touch fall in Greco.
Yeah, I guess Greco-R rules are if you get your guy on his back, even briefly, it's a pin? Not sure of the rules. Yes if so, Dietrich pinned himself. Great move though. He sure didn't have Taylor on his back for longer than 1 second.

Hard to believe anyone could beat Taylor back then.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

I thought I read somewhere that technically this should have been a win for Taylor as Deitrich technically pinned himself due to it being a "touch fall". I don't know a ton about wrestling so I could be off. Regardless, this was insane.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron