Contrived Xmas Argument: Santa... Man or Elf

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I was reading the night before Christmas to the kids tonight and the book had Santa illustrated just as the story describes him, an elf in a miniature sleigh with tiny reindeer. I had never even thought about him being described that way in the story. The night before Christmas has to be essentially the origin story for the modern mythos of Santa Clause, so doesn't that mean he is an elf and all those depictions of him as a giant fat man are wrong? I feel like my whole life is a lie...

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I believe The Night Before Christmas even describes him as a “jolly old elf”, so I’d say he’s an elf...
All of the girls were pointing at the illustrations and asking why Santa and his reindeer were so small. I had no answers...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I was reading the night before Christmas to the kids tonight and the book had Santa illustrated just as the story describes him, an elf in a miniature sleigh with tiny reindeer. I had never even thought about him being described that way in the story. The night before Christmas has to be essentially the origin story for the modern mythos of Santa Clause, so doesn't that mean he is an elf and all those depictions of him as a giant fat man are wrong? I feel like my whole life is a lie...
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I look back and realize that playing Santa at corporate parties would have been a great gig. Hang out, let the liquor flow and have fun.

In photo, was that suppose to be a person hyperventilating and they are bag breathing?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron