Construction off of highway 30/ Dayton

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

chuckd4735

Mar 29, 2006
Central Iowa
Really? I must be in the minority because I think they look pretty cool and am excited to see what they look like lit up. IMO any money we spend trying to draw traffic off of I-35 is money well spent.
Im with you. Once they get all the landscaping down to go with the monuments, it should improve the aesthetics of that area greatly.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Really? I must be in the minority because I think they look pretty cool and am excited to see what they look like lit up. IMO any money we spend trying to draw traffic off of I-35 is money well spent.

I think they could look cool lit up at night. But right now it looks out of place and just odd IMO.

The problem is where is the traffic from I-35 going to go right now. People who don't know the area aren't going to go all the way to Duff to eat etc and the only thing off of I-35 is Theisens and a horrible Kum and Go. Currently there just isn't any sort of businesses to draw them off I-35 at that exit. That of course can and probably will change over time.

Cycsk

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think they could look cool lit up at night. But right now it looks out of place and just odd IMO.

The problem is where is the traffic from I-35 going to go right now. People who don't know the area aren't going to go all the way to Duff to eat etc and the only thing off of I-35 is Theisens and a horrible Kum and Go. Currently there just isn't any sort of businesses to draw them off I-35 at that exit. That of course can and probably will change over time.

Not sure if it will "draw people off I-35" because you won't see them until you pass the exit going south. And if you try to exit going north after you see them, you will probably wreck. I think it is more about creating a sense of inclusion for that area, namely that Ames starts at I-35.

Hopefully, we can wrap the blue with cardinal and gold during football season!

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
I agree, they should switch the blue lights to yellow/gold.
Just a guess but I'm thinking they need to stay away from the colors of actual traffic lights...

The first accident that happened near those lights a lawsuit would be coming.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Just a guess but I'm thinking they need to stay away from the colors of actual traffic lights...

The first accident that happened near those lights a lawsuit would be coming.
good call. I'll bet you're onto something.