Connection Could Make For Fun Season

timappelgate

Apr 9, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
So I was just thinking, The 95-96 team (with Cato, Pratt, Bankhead, etc.) won the big 8 tournament after being picked last in the league that year. It was also the year before the conference went under some alignment changes. Flash forward to this year. We are picked last in the conference, and next year will be a new look Big 12. Maybe I'm just crazy.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Pretty sure you're crazy. :wink:

Stranger things have happened, but I believe we need to brace ourselves for a long year.

If White is eligible, if Railey/McKnight can bang and rebound, if DG becomes a steady floor general, etc., etc. Those are a lot of ifs. I'm thinking 15 wins will be a success this year. Hope they surprise me with more than that!

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Or, more importatnly perhaps, we don't have a Kelvin Cato, Kenny Pratt, or Klay Edwards.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Or, more importatnly perhaps, we don't have a Kelvin Cato, Kenny Pratt, or Klay Edwards.

And nobody, with the possible exception of Tim Floyd, had any idea whatsoever as to how good Cato, Willoughby, Pratt, etc. would end up being in the fall of 1995. Cato and Willoughby were transfers from mid-majors and Pratt was a lightly recruited JUCO.

I was at the first home game of the 95-96 season against Central Conn St (?). ISU did win but I walked out of Hilton thinking that crew would go 0-14 in the Big 8 that season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron