Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Your guys' d in the 2nd half was pretty impressive

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Classy post. Hawkeyes played a strong game on D all day. Good luck the rest of the season; UoI will do well. Wisconsin clearly not as strong, OSU is questionable, and PSU is dead. There's a gaping hole for you and I wish we had your schedule. Good luck.

Aug 14, 2009
In all seriousness, your D held JVB like no D I've seen in the last two year, it sucks to lose, but you guys deserved it.

hawkeye_t

Apr 24, 2006
ID via PA via ME via IA
Congrats to the Clones. Not the greatest game in terms of scoring plays but still a tough, hard hitting game. I was pleased for the most part with the Hawkeye D but obviously the O has some work to do. The ISU D was solid. Reeves is fun to watch. That was a very good display of linebacker play on both sides of the field. Iowa needs to find some receivers and have better QB play. ISU needs to get a better running game and not put too much on Jantz going forward as I am not sure I trust him. The guy can make big plays though.

Good luck the rest of the season. I will see you in Jack Trice next fall.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
Thanks. I'd say "see you next year in Ames", but we've still got the BB game, now don't we? At least with Fran, you know that he realizes it when they suck. With Kirk, who knows?

UI2015

Sep 10, 2011
Iowa City
Have to agree with nearly everything in here. Neither team played very good all around, but lots of shinning moments. ISU certainly has the better team. I don't want to be that guy, but Jantz didn't look spectacular today. He did some things good, and others bad. 3 TO's certainly isn't good, but he helped pull out the win for you guys. I honestly think with less turnovers ISU would have walked through Kinnick putting up a 20 point win. Good luck in the Big 12.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
I don't get why people are so nice to hawk fans. He was probably running his mouth all week to cyclone fans and when they lose he pretends to be all nice. Go home back east. This is a cyclONE nation.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
I don't get why people are so nice to hawk fans. He was probably running his mouth all week to cyclone fans and when they lose he pretends to be all nice. Go home back east. This is a cyclONE nation.
It's called class, someone's gotta have it or we devolve into aggy blindly hating Texas.

Reactions: InCytful

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
You know the old cliche where they say both teams deserved to win, but somebody has to lose? I think this game was the opposite of that.

Seriously. Watched the game with some hawks and it was like a contest to see who could be more disgusted with their team...

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Cyclones made more plays when it came down to it, and deserved the win. Hawks D was very good at times, especially in the second half. Defensive struggle, and other than the Clone turnovers in the red zone it was fun to watch. Good to see fans in this thread keeping it real and classy. Go State!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron