Conference Realignment

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
If and big if our conference imploded, big ten wants nothing to do with Nebraska kick the bugeaters out and add us boom.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Nebraska lost AAU status and football is a hot mess, basketball is meh. We bring way more than they do and a better not stuck in the 90’s fan base.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It won’t happen for a couple years, and after a few big xii championships and a couple playoff appearances, the SEC will be knocking. So, just be patient.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 3GenClone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
As Missouri was parting ways with the Big Twelve, The Missou Athletic Director asked Kansas if they could keep playing in football/ basketball.....

The answer from Kansas was NO and HELL NO, never again....The Kansan's still talk about Quantrell(mizzou was a confederate state Kansas a Union State) coming over to Lawrence KS and burning down the town...
I know it sounds ridiculous but that's the only reason I was ever given for the Bad Blood Rivalry between Mizzou and Kansas....

I went to a season ending football game ...KU at Mizzou, with this friend of mine whose nephew played Def End for KU....Hell Bells we couldn't even get out of the parking lot without getting into a heated exchange with Mizzou Fans....
It's the most hateful rivalry I have ever seen in my life.
I think this rivalry (Kansas/Missouri) continues today because people continue to latch on to what they think they know or have heard about maybe the Kansas' Unionist Pro-abolutionists/Jawhawkers (Lawrence KS a base for that), and the largely pro-confederate outlaws Quantrill's Raiders, James Brothers, etc. It seems to me that a lot have time as elapsed, and maybe bygones should be bygones?

Consideration should also be made that this largely Democrat party pro-slavery pro-confederate group in West Central Missouri at the time was an aggressive minority and were largely southern immigrants, bringing their slaves with them. And Missouri was a by-and-large pro-Unionist/Northern State. The pro-confederate group of people in Western Missouri by far did not represent the Missouri population as a whole.

But I guess this doesn't matter when you have 200+ innocent people killed and your town burned in Lawrence, by these outlaws. Grudges are hard to forget.

And I'm sure there is a lot more to it than that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron