Conditt made the Puerto Rico Team

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
It’s impressive how he manages to go straight up two times in a row like that. He took a hit the first time but one big step and he’s back in position and going straight up again. I’m not sure that guy on Twitter is wrong...
Lets not get ahead of selves here, his ceiling is an NBA career, but that was the best plays he had all game imo. He is still extremely raw, but the potential is definitely there

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2020cy and Doc

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Tougher going for Conditt today as one might expect, but he’s had some nice plays so far.
e27eaaf8-e671-4627-b89d-ceb511c77299.gif

fdd1b5ed-28fa-499f-8a4e-ecc5e732bd33.gif

cc8580cf-315e-446d-985f-ae4a5def89f6.gif

Gif #3 shows that our problems of big men defending the the pick and roll are solved!

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
PR advances 68-65. Conditt finished with 6 blocks and around 12-14 points. Conditt made the dunk to put the up by 3 with little time left.

Reactions: isutrevman

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress

Puerto Rico defeats Chile and qualifies for the 2019 FIBA U19 World Cup. Great accomplishment for this basketball-crazed country. Iowa State commit George Conditt is a big time rim protector, had a solid showing on both ends.

He looks like an absolute steal for them.

Yes he does Johnathan, yes he does.
All speed ahead on the Conditt hype train. Plenty of room for everyone to jump on board.

krap22

Oct 27, 2010
I'm revising my minutes expectations in my head right now lol.

I still think he's spot-duty for his freshman year, but watch out when this kid gets acclimated to the college game.

he will get some good experience practicing against Lard, Young and Jacobson. He will improve quickly and maybe even see some decent minutes this year.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm revising my minutes expectations in my head right now lol.

I still think he's spot-duty for his freshman year, but watch out when this kid gets acclimated to the college game.

Young and Jacobson clear out after Conditt's junior year. Freaky to think that I am already starting to think about Solomon graduating. Time flies.

Senior Lard and junior Conditt, with time to perfect his shot, work hard in the weight room, practice and bulk up, could be one heck of a starting front court.

Reactions: isutrevman

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Young and Jacobson clear out after Conditt's junior year. Freaky to think that I am already starting to think about Solomon graduating. Time flies.

Senior Lard and junior Conditt, with time to perfect his shot, work hard in the weight room, practice and bulk up, could be one heck of a starting front court.
I don't see lard here past his junior year... Too much talent in that kid if he works hard.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I don't see lard here past his junior year... Too much talent in that kid if he works hard.

He is 6'9" and 220 with no outside shot. He does not have a position in the NBA. He has nice size for a wing but the skill set of an old-fashioned big man. It is a hard fit. If he wants to go to Europe to get paid, I understand, but he's an odd fit in the Association.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman and Doc

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
He is 6'9" and 220 with no outside shot. He does not have a position in the NBA. He has nice size for a wing but the skill set of an old-fashioned big man. It is a hard fit. If he wants to go to Europe to get paid, I understand, but he's an odd fit in the Association.

I disagree. Him and Robert Williams of Texas A&M are pretty similar - no outside game, efficient, good rebounders, and 6'9". Williams is a potential lottery pick after two real average years at A&M.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I disagree. Him and Robert Williams of Texas A&M are pretty similar - no outside game, efficient, good rebounders, and 6'9". Williams is a potential lottery pick after two real average years at A&M.

Lard is a good athlete, but Williams has longer arms, bigger hands (long arms and big hands have proven to be a good predictor of NBA success), and is a better athlete. I'm not a good predictor of NBA talent, but I'd liken Lard to someone like JaMychal Green while Williams is more like DeAndre Jordan.