Condensed Sat Weather Threads: Rain..watch for Bates!

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Re: Wet day equals...

That's not even funny... that's crazy talk there! You BITE YOUR TOUNGE!

Of course, I was kidding, BUT if we really wanted to run some option, he'd be the best guy on the team to do it. Gonna be SCARY at QB next year with AA, PB and JT.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Re: Wet day equals...

This is slightly off topic of the wet day, but this is the most active Hawk related thread I found in the forum.

I have some friends who are doing an ongoing Facebook discussion and this was one of the nuggest posted by a co-worker:

As for the 2nd string QB, he's now the starting QB as isn't too bad - he'll just have to enjoy this year for what it is, since the QB from Keokuk is coming in next year & will be the starter!

Typical Hawk fan. :no:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
If the weather forecast is accurate....

There are gonna be some wild, strange plays in the game that likely will dictate the outcome. Strange bounces, odd TO's, bad footing, etc...etc.

Gonna have to accept it for what it is and hope most of the game oddity caused by weather related mishaps favors the Clones.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Re: If the weather forecast is accurate....

Then nothing in Iowa City will be fun unless we win.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Supposed to pour tomorrow morning from what I have seen... should be wild.

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008

I don't know why but I'm strangely excited for a torrential downpour during the tailgate. The closest thing I've ever experienced to that was the tornado in Ames (Colorado game I believe) a couple years ago.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines

I don't know why but I'm strangely excited for a torrential downpour during the tailgate. The closest thing I've ever experienced to that was the tornado in Ames (Colorado game I believe) a couple years ago.

Probably because you like to be used, abused and put away wet

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona

I think the bad weather will favor Iowa a little, but I can't help but want to watch a sloppy (field condition) game.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006

It would be different if the tailgate was in Ames and it was downpouring, but in Iowa City, i dont think it will be very entertaining.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I think the bad weather will favor Iowa a little, but I can't help but want to watch a sloppy (field condition) game.

I would if I was at home. As I'm going, I'm really not looking forward to it.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006

Everybody just please, please don't use the weather as an excuse if we lose. You know Hawk fans will if they lose, so let's be better than that.

Yes the weather will be a factor, but we should play to win regardless of the weather conditions.

EDIT -- I'm not saying we're going to lose. And I'm not saying that you guys who've already posted in this thread will say that the weather was a factor if we do lose. I'm just waiting for the first person who does say it if it happens.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Everybody just please, please don't use the weather as an excuse if we lose. You know Hawk fans will if they lose, so let's be better than that.

Yes the weather will be a factor, but we should play to win regardless of the weather conditions.

EDIT -- I'm not saying we're going to lose. And I'm not saying that you guys who've already posted in this thread will say that the weather was a factor if we do lose. I'm just waiting for the first person who does say it if it happens.

It will likely be the first thing out of the losing team's fanbase if it is obvious it impacts the game at all.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines

both teams have to manage the weather, it's not as if it poses a sever disadvantage for one team. I'll agree that Iowa's running game could be more productive in the rain than ours, but weather is weather and all parties will have to deal with it.

In fact this reminds me of the Indians/Yankees bug game last playoffs. I heard yankee fans complaining all day about the bugs, but the Indians had to deal with the same situation.:yes:

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006

I should clarify that as I kind of contradicted myself there. What I meant to say was...

Yes, the weather will be a factor. I just don't want to hear people complaining about it as the primary reason for a loss if it happens. Like others have said, both teams to have to deal with it.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Should be interesting to say the least.... anyone know where I can find some red garbage bags to use as poncho's???

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron