Condensed Sat Weather Threads: Rain..watch for Bates!

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
If the field is not too good Saturday, Bates could have a huge day running the ball. He is arugably the best runner on the team. The run/pass threat on a wet field can be a big advantage.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
IMHO, I don't see Bates as a big pass threat yet. He obviously looks to run before he looks to throw the ball.

To play devils advocate, if the field is sloppy Bates would also have a hard time doing what he does which is get the corner and/or make solid cuts to avoid tackles.

Regardless of field conditions, the trenches is where this game will be won. If we can't stop their running game it is all over.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
I think a wet track means more north south running. I think it means less east-west cutting.

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
I think a wet track means more north south running. I think it means less east-west cutting.

You can argue this until the cows come home. I think a wet track helps the offense because the receivers know when and where they will make their cuts and the d-backs don't.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006

I agree except, if the defense knows the runs are going off tackle, it's a lot easier to stack things up. Has to be some variety, either with the pass, or going outside.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Re: Wet day equals...

plus more dropped balls from the EIU Wr's. They've had trouble with hanging onto the ball for a while now.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Re: Wet day equals...

Put Arnaud and Bates back there and make it a triple option. I freaking love it! I'd like to see that on a sunny day.