Concrete Repair to Driveway

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Is this the same as chip seal? We had that done on one of our driveways and it's been great. Our gravel driveway is almost unusable right now but the chip seal is fine except a couple soft spots.

No idea as I've never heard of chip seal

wintersmd

Jul 2, 2014
going to bump this up. How is the foam concrete leveler working for you that have had it done? I have a driveway that is in pretty good shape, only a few cracks that has sunk about 2 inches. I am trying to decide between replacing or foam leveling. Looking for how the foam leveler is holding up.

Matt33

Apr 12, 2015
going to bump this up. How is the foam concrete leveler working for you that have had it done? I have a driveway that is in pretty good shape, only a few cracks that has sunk about 2 inches. I am trying to decide between replacing or foam leveling. Looking for how the foam leveler is holding up.
It works well. I’ve done it before, and as long as you get all the joints sealed and cracks it has a 5 year warranty.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I see a lot of neighbors do the grind down method on sidewalks. I’ve seen it on ISU campus as well. Seems like a cheap and effective method. How does one go about this? Rent a grinder from Home Depot and have at it?

rpcyclone2013

Jan 4, 2017
Nevada, IA
We had Midwest Foundation Repair level a decent chunk of our driveway with the poly level stuff. It’s held up since they did it two years ago. I haven’t noticed any sagging or other issues. They gave us a 5 year warranty so if something does happen in the next 3 years, I’ll give them a call.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Are your driveways not pinned or have any rebar in them?
A large frost proof footing at the garage doorway and generous slope outside on the driveway, pin the driveway to the footing. And keep your joints sealed. North facing driveways have the most problems. I replaced my whole driveway 2 years ago. Concrete is guaranteed to get hard and to crack, every time. The initial workmanship and an extra 3000 dollars on the initial construction will save a long time homeowner many headaches.