Concerning next opponent = Nicholls St.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I am currently in a Motel in Thibadoux, LA. Came here to watch Baylor play Nicholls whom ISU will play in 3 days. BU played a sloppy game (distracted by New Orleans adventures I suppose) and basically played freshmen all the second half but still won easily 85 - 43. I would think this should be a fairly easy win for the Clones also. So chalk it up = one more win coming up. But then = Big 12 time. Then's when we'll need to break out the steroids and energy drinks !

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Seen some pics on Sicem looks like your gals had a good time in N.O. Haven't looked real hard at the conference yet, are you picking BU 1st (I am) and Texa$ 2nd? I know there is a couple of page thread on Landthieves with the Sooners being dissatisfied with Coale.

I think OU kind of has the same problem that ISU does, a coach that took a bad program to good places but currently seems to be backsliding (actually I think the rest of the WBB world is catching up). Do they try to upgrade or hope the coach can adapt to the changing environment.
I certainly don't get paid to make those decisions, but I sure wish ISU would get competitive again.

Thanks for stopping by @geewago, as nice getting your take on things since you follow the whole conference.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Seen some pics on Sicem looks like your gals had a good time in N.O. Haven't looked real hard at the conference yet, are you picking BU 1st (I am) and Texa$ 2nd? I know there is a couple of page thread on Landthieves with the Sooners being dissatisfied with Coale.

I think OU kind of has the same problem that ISU does, a coach that took a bad program to good places but currently seems to be backsliding (actually I think the rest of the WBB world is catching up). Do they try to upgrade or hope the coach can adapt to the changing environment.
I certainly don't get paid to make those decisions, but I sure wish ISU would get competitive again.

Thanks for stopping by @geewago, as nice getting your take on things since you follow the whole conference.

Baylor has won the conference 7 yrs in a row. It's hard to vote against a team with that record. But I believe the 7 year reign could well be in jeopardy this year. Mainly due to lack of depth. They started with 10 players and are down to 9 as Trinity Oliver has a torn ACL. Cohen has also sat the last two games due to swollen knees. When Beatrice Mompremier got unhappy and transferred out it left left them rather thin. Staying healthy is the total key here. One of the freshmen here (Alexis Morris) is showing superb potential at point guard. She is mighty close to the talent level of Oddessy Sims.

West Virginia on the other hand is currently undefeated and this has been accomplished without Tynece Martin their top scorer. They also have a 6' 6' McDonalds AA that will start playing for them after January 1. Talk on their forum is that she will start immediately. I went and watched them the other night when they played A&M. The Ags are a very legit top 25 team but WV beat them very soundly, it was no fluke. I think they have the potential to beat BU and TX at least once especially if they get the two above mentioned players into their rotation. They may surprise.

I have seen TX play 3 times this year. It's kind of hard to judge them at this point. Joyner will be back after Dec 23rd. Will she pick up where she left off or will she be rusty? That is the question. They need her because the posts they are currently playing are not showing the potential that was expected. If Joyner comes in strong and slightly improved over last year I think TX may be as good as the preseason predictions. However their highly touted freshmen class has not shown near the potential that was expected of them. Rella Boothe has been very up and down and isn't seeing much playing time. Aston has said that her lack of time on the floor is due to her unwillingness to play good defense. We shall see. Scheduling can have a lot to do with a teams success. TX is playing UConn about 10 days before they come to Waco to play Baylor for the first time. If UConn humiliates them like many are expecting it could set the tone for a disappointing performance against Baylor. They certainly didn't look very good in their loss against Tennessee but rebounded quite well against Florida State. So buckle your seat belts. There's a lot of possibilities here.

Okie Lite could well play the spoiler role a few times. They are much better than first anticipated. This is due almost entirely to the surprising performances of Loryn Goodwin, a one year transfer. At the pace she is playing I think she will be a shoo-in for "new comer of the year". If they catch TX or BU on an off night, an upset could be in the cards.

OU is hard to figure. I keep thinking they are better than their record. But Colas weak recruiting seems to be catching up with her. When they lost to the likes of De Paul, Little Rock & S. Dakota St. I figured their season was basically over. Then they turn around and beat top 25 USF and undefeated New Mexico. I sure thought they would lose both of them. BUT now look out! Tonight they play UConn. Then Thursday night (28th) Texas. That could be a couple chicken floggings there. Yet tradition says OU gets up for TX at home and TX often lays an egg there regardless of what type of teams either school has. So again, Murphys Law could rule. Who knows.

Last edited:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Baylor has won the conference 7 yrs in a row. It's hard to vote against a team with that record. But I believe the 7 year reign could well be in jeopardy this year. Mainly due to lack of depth. They started with 10 players and are down to 9 as Trinity Oliver has a torn ACL. Cohen has also sat the last two games due to swollen knees. When Beatrice Mompremier got unhappy and transferred out it left left them rather thin. Staying healthy is the total key here. One of the freshmen here (Alexis Morris) is showing superb potential at point guard. She is mighty close to the talent level of Oddessy Sims.

West Virginia on the other hand is currently undefeated and this has been accomplished without Tynece Martin their top scorer. They also have a 6' 6' McDonalds AA that will start playing for them after January 1. Talk on their forum is that she will start immediately. I went and watched them the other night when they played A&M. The Ags are a very legit top 25 team but WV beat them very soundly, it was no fluke. I think they have the potential to beat BU and TX at least once especially if they get the two above mentioned players into their rotation. They may surprise.

I have seen TX play 3 times this year. It's kind of hard to judge them at this point. Joyner will be back after Dec 23rd. Will she pick up where she left off or will she be rusty? That is the question. They need her because the posts they are currently playing are not showing the potential that was expected. If Joyner comes in strong and slightly improved over last year I think TX may be as good as the preseason predictions. However their highly touted freshmen class has not shown near the potential that was expected of them. Rella Boothe has been very up and down and isn't seeing much playing time. Aston has said that her lack of time on the floor is due to her unwillingness to play good defense. We shall see. Scheduling can have a lot to do with a teams success. TX is playing UConn about 10 days before they come to Waco to play Baylor for the first time. If UConn humiliates them like many are expecting it could set the tone for a disappointing performance against Baylor. They certainly didn't look very good in their loss against Tennessee but rebounded quite well against Florida State. So buckle your seat belts. There's a lot of possibilities here.

Okie Lite could well play the spoiler role a few times. They are much better than first anticipated. This is due almost entirely to the surprising performances of Loryn Goodwin, a one year transfer. At the pace she is playing I think she will be a shoo-in for "new comer of the year". If they catch TX or BU on an off night, an upset could be in the cards.

OU is hard to figure. I keep thinking they are better than their record. But Colas weak recruiting seems to be catching up with her. When they lost to the likes of De Paul, Little Rock & S. Dakota St. I figured their season was basically over. Then they turn around and beat top 25 USF and undefeated New Mexico. I sure thought they would lose both of them. BUT now look out! Tonight they play UConn. Then Thursday night (28th) Texas. That could be a couple chicken floggings there. Yet tradition says OU gets up for TX at home and TX often lays an egg there regardless of what type of teams either school has. So again, Murphys Law could rule. Who knows.

I still think Aston's game coaching and strategy isn't living up to her recruiting.

OU's recruiting does seem a bit hit or miss, seems she gets some top recruits, but then others are ?marks. Maddy Williams and Tatum Vietenhiemer were huge gets though IMO. I know BF was salivating over Tatum when she was considering ISU.