[Committing Oct. 31] CB Myles Purchase

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If you don't believe me, believe the experts and the sprinters themselves.

I can see that is the case for most elite sprinters. But I have some doubt with Bolt. Those numbers seem a bit to perfect to be actual. Think they are based on a formula base on the time. My reasoning is Bolt is different because of his stride. I remember reading he takes 3 less strides to cover the distance. Based on that his fall off would be about 4 meters down the track than most. (70 meters about 2 less strides)

The other problem I have is based on 400 hurdle runners. Moses won all the time because he was able to maintain his steps throughout the race where others would need to add a step between hurdles towards the end.

Reactions: Aclone

DENCY

Dec 19, 2008
I was able to get another up close look at Myles last night while officiating his game vs Overland. He is an absolute ball hawk with incredible quickness. He picked off a pass on the first series of the game and returned it for his 13th career touchdown (he doesn't play offense btw). He got his second interception of the night on a ball that the opposing qb was trying to throw away out of bounds.

This is a huge get for us, this guy is electric and a good person from what I can tell.

We should be very happy to have landed such a big time playmaker.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Hope our coaches hit the next bye week to reel in a couple studs. Time to make some hay in a phenomenal year.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I can see that is the case for most elite sprinters. But I have some doubt with Bolt. Those numbers seem a bit to perfect to be actual. Think they are based on a formula base on the time. My reasoning is Bolt is different because of his stride. I remember reading he takes 3 less strides to cover the distance. Based on that his fall off would be about 4 meters down the track than most. (70 meters about 2 less strides)

The other problem I have is based on 400 hurdle runners. Moses won all the time because he was able to maintain his steps throughout the race where others would need to add a step between hurdles towards the end.
Just because he was able to maintain the same number of strides doesn't mean he was able to take those strides as quickly. Besides, the 400 is a lot different than the 100. In the 100 you are getting up to top speed as quickly as you can and holding it for as long as you can. If you hit top speed at the start of a 400 you aren't going to hold it for long and possibly aren't going to finish the race.

Okay, you are right. The world class sprinters have no idea what they are talking about when they are talking about their event.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just because he was able to maintain the same number of strides doesn't mean he was able to take those strides as quickly. Besides, the 400 is a lot different than the 100. In the 100 you are getting up to top speed as quickly as you can and holding it for as long as you can. If you hit top speed at the start of a 400 you aren't going to hold it for long and possibly aren't going to finish the race.

Okay, you are right. The world class sprinters have no idea what they are talking about when they are talking about their event.

Obviously you believe everything you read on the internet without necessarily understand what their saying and whine like a little ***** when someone questions it. What i said was those numbers appear to be a general breakdown over a culmination of how a large group of runner's races breakdown. Nowhere in that article did it state that were Bolt's actual time.

But rather than feed into you I'll simply choose to put you on ignore.

• Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Obviously you believe everything you read on the internet without necessarily understand what their saying and whine like a little ***** when someone questions it. What i said was those numbers appear to be a general breakdown over a culmination of how a large group of runner's races breakdown. Nowhere in that article did it state that were Bolt's actual time.

Plugging your ears like a little baby. I'm not the one whining like a little *****.

:D

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Maybe you just can't remember what you posted because you said that you doubt that world class runners slow down in the 100 and I said that they did and provided an article supporting it. Please present one that says they don't slow down.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Love this kid’s ball skills. Guys that can cover are pretty common. Guys that can make great plays on the ball are much less common. This combined with the staff’s willingness to play CBs early, and I think we will see an early impact from Purchase.