2022 RB Cartevious Norton Commits!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Dog.
Taking his official this weekend.
Clemson, Florida State, Minnesota and others are interested.
RB - another position we have just crushed in recruiting. We have maybe our best recruiter on him too in Scheelhaase.

Not a great offer list but in the staff I trust! I would bet he's really, really solid.

Reactions: nrg4isu

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
What do we have left in this class? Norton at RB, Moton at DT, Dotson at OL?

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
What do we have left in this class? Norton at RB, Moton at DT, Dotson at OL?

Sorry for bringing this up again....but do we still need a punter???? And who again is replacing Mevis? He was a grad transfer, right?

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Sorry for bringing this up again....but do we still need a punter???? And who again is replacing Mevis? He was a grad transfer, right?

We have one coming in - Tyler Perkins

At this point, I think place kicker is the bigger need for next year. We'll be losing Mevis, Assalley and Dunn. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we look to the transfer market for another guy like Mevis.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

At this point, I think place kicker is the bigger need for next year. We'll be losing Mevis, Assalley and Dunn. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we look to the transfer market for another guy like Mevis.

And an outstanding punter at that

Reactions: isutrevman

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport

And an outstanding punter at that
Question. Is Norwalk, OH better than Norwalk, IA?????

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Could you elaborate why you think he's outstanding? And I've never seen Norwalk play, etc.

"Perkins has attended multiple Kohl's ranking camps in 2021. His most recent was the National Scholarship Camp in TN. He has graded out at the 5 star level multiple times. His scores of 122.33, 114.70, 112, and 111.68 at these events show he is one of the best punters in the country. Perkins has great leg speed and coordination when he punts. His performances this winter and spring were outstanding and he is a D1 punter. He will only get better in the coming years. It will be fun to watch what Perkins is able to during his senior season!"

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
RB - another position we have just crushed in recruiting. We have maybe our best recruiter on him too in Scheelhaase.

Not a great offer list but in the staff I trust! I would bet he's really, really solid.
Looks to be waiting around for better offers. I like that because he is betting on himself.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Tyler Perkins

"Perkins has attended multiple Kohl's ranking camps in 2021. His most recent was the National Scholarship Camp in TN. He has graded out at the 5 star level multiple times. His scores of 122.33, 114.70, 112, and 111.68 at these events show he is one of the best punters in the country. Perkins has great leg speed and coordination when he punts. His performances this winter and spring were outstanding and he is a D1 punter. He will only get better in the coming years. It will be fun to watch what Perkins is able to during his senior season!"
All that and he is the player that drags down ISU's class ranking. That is why recruiting rankings have to taken with a large grain of salt. Having a kicker, punter or long snapper in your class - even if elite - will generally negatively impact your class ranking.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
All that and he is the player that drags down ISU's class ranking. That is why recruiting rankings have to taken with a large grain of salt. Having a kicker, punter or long snapper in your class - even if elite - will generally negatively impact your class ranking.
I’m curious as to what our recruitment ranking average would be if you take out Perkins. It averages at .8644 right now (which is already one of our best rankings ever)