[Commitment Watch] ‘22 WR Quaron Adams (would be the fastest player ever to wear cardinal and gold)

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Didn't Smith just win a Heisman at like a buck 70?
Smith was a 5 star recruit, 6’1 and an absolute masterful route runner. I don’t think you can compare the two. I’m saying 5’8 and 165lbs is tiny, can’t imagine getting hit by safety’s.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Smith was a 5 star recruit, 6’1 and an absolute masterful route runner. I don’t think you can compare the two. I’m saying 5’8 and 165lbs is tiny, can’t imagine getting hit by safety’s.

Why does your dumbass constantly twist the subject? WTF does 5* and his route running have to with his weight? Last I checked 5'8 165 is thicker than 6'1 175.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Why does your dumbass constantly twist the subject? WTF does 5* and his route running have to with his weight? Last I checked 5'8 165 is thicker than 6'1 175.
The fact that he was an outside WR that ran deep routes and scored a lot of TDs, didn’t take all that many hits when he did majority were from CBs. At slot you get hit by safety's and when going over the middle LBs. My goodness.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The fact that he was an outside WR that ran deep routes and scored a lot of TDs, didn’t take all that many hits when he did majority were from CBs. At slot you get hit by safety's and when going over the middle LBs. My goodness.
Have you even seen Smith play?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
You knew a professional athlete
He was a sprinter at ISU. He was Canadian. He was trying to shave a few tenths. Dude would do 1000 sit ups every day. I don't give names on here because I appreciate anonymity. Lived two doors down from me in the dorms. He was rooming with a football player at the time.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I have. Elite route runner, caught deep, medium, and they threw him screens. He didn’t take many hits from LBs and occasionally from safety’s. I’m not wrong lol. If you don’t think Adams needs to put on weight you’re silly. Tyreek weighs 185.
Have you ever watched our offense? How many times did you ever see Jones lit up by an LB? We have TEs for those routes.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

Maybe premature to make this thread, but I love this guy’s potential.

Pretty sure he wouldn't be the fastest. I believe Webster Patrick set a national record for his age group in the 100 in 2003, 2004 or 2005 with a 10.2-something 100 meters. Technically, he never wore the cardinal and gold because he wound up not qualifying, but he did, however, enroll in classes and was on campus, although briefly, if my memory serves.

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
That's close to Tavon Austin size. He held up while getting getting caries as a running back as well. I'm guessing Adams will add 10 lbs without too much of an issue though.
He weighed 175 but yes, he needs to put on 10-15lbs. Robinson from Nebraska was about 175 and got carriers at RB and got slaughtered, which was half the reason he transferred.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He weighed 175 but yes, he needs to put on 10-15lbs. Robinson from Nebraska was about 175 and got carriers at RB and got slaughtered, which was half the reason he transferred.
What was the other half? Or was that split into additional fractions?

Reactions: isutrevman

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

I have never understood why people talking about guys being too small talk about being taller as somehow offsetting lack of weight when it is absolutely the opposite. 5'8 165 is FAR better equipped to take a hit than 6'1 170 and it's not even close. Smith was good enough to avoid taking shots. Hopefully he can do so in the NFL plus put on a little weight. No way an NFL team will use him the way Alabama did, which included a lot of motion/short passes and run after the catch. He won't last in the NFL doing that very often.

Reactions: isutrevman

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
I have never understood why people talking about guys being too small talk about being taller as somehow offsetting lack of weight when it is absolutely the opposite. 5'8 165 is FAR better equipped to take a hit than 6'1 170 and it's not even close. Smith was good enough to avoid taking shots. Hopefully he can do so in the NFL plus put on a little weight. No way an NFL team will use him the way Alabama did, which included a lot of motion/short passes and run after the catch. He won't last in the NFL doing that very often.
If you actually read what I said later on, I said he didn’t take many hits and if he did they were from CBs. I was saying him being that size and being a masterful route runner with that speed meant he avoided hits unlike other guys.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He will put on weight as a byproduct of the weight training program that all ISU athletes go through. He won't have to go out of his way by extraordinary measures to gain a lot of weight. Generally the muscle mass that they put on with weight training is exclusively good weight and won't generally negatively affect speed or agility. In fact it generally increases agility.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch and Snydes