COLUMN: Vegas tabs W/L total at 4.5, why I'd take the OVER

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
I'll take the over. The improvement of the line at the end of the year and a different mindset of the team. I think they go bowling.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I think we win 5, but have an okay chance at 6. As long as we pick-up where we left off last season (the trending direction), we'll all be pretty happy with the results, I think.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Imo, it would be a big disappointment if we don't get to 5 wins. I'm not sure if it's fair and I don't know where they will come but that's how I feel.

There was an upward trend last year or at least a feeling that some things got solidified, especially up front, and the idea of getting the ball to your athletes out in space looked almost genius compared to previous seasons.

Since not everything is 'new' this year out of the gates for most players, I don't see a dumpster fire the first two weeks and hopefully ISU is that much further ahead when they get to the 'winnable' games later.

It's the most anticipation I've had for a season since 2012. Need to get past those mental Iowa Stateisms and 5-6 wins is absolutely achievable.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
In all seriousness I think ISU gets to 5 wins this year.

UNI, Akron, Kansas, TTU and one of Baylor/Iowa/TCU.

Please, no. Either 6 or more wins, or just 4. If we make 5 wins we'll be offered a bowl game and I don't want to have to listen to the ******* Halkeye fans talk about how a 5-win bowl game is lame... God I hate Halkeye fans...

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Please, no. Either 6 or more wins, or just 4. If we make 5 wins we'll be offered a bowl game and I don't want to have to listen to the ******* Halkeye fans talk about how a 5-win bowl game is lame... God I hate Halkeye fans...

Getting extra practices because you're invited to a bowl game is a big deal. I'd take 5 games and a pity bowl invite for sure

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
This says a lot about this staff. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Vegas has said 3.5 every year over the last 4 and we have gone under every time.