COLUMN: Thoughts on Brian Ferentz throwing shade at Iowa State

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Yeah the two that threw a fit when their AAU teammate won Mr. Basketball over Connor. Calling them entitled is pretty PG for that one IMO

Entitled or initially upset and posting thoughts on social media, you choose, look no further than Monte and Naz with comments this year talking about how they are the cats meow as to Drake and Iowa players. Point being it happens all the time. Social media has really messed up the world and everyone thinks little problems are gigantic now. Just like this topic about BF and how there is a huge article about it on CF and nothing on other Hawkeye sites I can find about how terrible and embarrassing these comments are. I find that fascinating.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Not sure how you can know this. You don't know the hours logged recruiting by the ISU or UI coaching staff. It wouldn't shock me to know that Matt Campbell might put in three time the hours recruiting that Bazooka Joe puts in.

You just proved my point, it is HARDER and takes more TIME to do this with 250 plus recruits than 100 and be as sharp as you want to be as compared to someone with a smaller focus. I mean seriously think about it.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Not sure if anyone has played this card yet, but.... I often read how we get in on someone early and their stars go up as others start to get in on them. If I saw a definite trend in that, I might play a bluff. In other words dilute the field. So far, I wouldn't play poker with CMC. He's a cool cucumber.

That is not a card, it is an excuse for missing out on players that Iowa fans use when we lose a recruit to a more well known program like OSU and Michigan.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Let's get a rundown of BF's career, follow daddy to Iowa City, daddy lets you play regardless of your ability, daddy's connections get you tryouts for two NFL teams regardless of your ability, both teams cut him before he ever gets off the practice team, daddy's connections get you a job with the Patriots, daddy hires you back in Iowa City, daddy promotes you as part of grooming for the HC job.

With the way he's been handed everything in his life, no shock he's upset about these other coaching staffs outworking him on the recruiting trail. Maybe daddy can pull some strings for that too.
Lane Kiffin syndrome

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
1472310916074.jpg

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Entitled or initially upset and posting thoughts on social media, you choose, look no further than Monte and Naz with comments this year talking about how they are the cats meow as to Drake and Iowa players. Point being it happens all the time. Social media has really messed up the world and everyone thinks little problems are gigantic now. Just like this topic about BF and how there is a huge article about it on CF and nothing on other Hawkeye sites I can find about how terrible and embarrassing these comments are. I find that fascinating.

So you're saying them going off on Twitter when their own teammate won the award is comparable to anything ISU players have done? Maybe Monte and Naz have came off as cocky before but they've never acted like spoiled entitled babies like the McCaffrey boys

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I just love how you thought you made him inferior by giving him a girls name and calling him a girl. Nice work, princess.

Thanks for the input Clarkiana. Actually, my name calling was a sexist politically incorrect attempt by me to show that he was in my opinion crying like a girl about the new found competition by ISU and others. I have to be politically correct everyday from 8 to 4. Here, not so much.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Thanks for the input Clarkiana. Actually, my name calling was a sexist politically incorrect attempt by me to show that he was in my opinion crying like a girl about the new found competition by ISU and others. I have to be politically correct everyday from 8 to 4. Here, not so much.
Clarkiana has a catchy ring to it

Reactions: tolfbfan

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

My favorite kind of sexism. The self-aware kind.

Reactions: tolfbfan

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
This thread went way off the rails. If Lil Ferentz is same that was in Section 8 housing then he has no basis for doing or claiming Iowa does it the right way. Nor does daddy who thought keeping affordable housing from destitute families was amusing! Same institution that just got smacked over sexual discrimination. Can we mention rabdo, 100 offers or kicking jake rudock to the curb? Get off your soap box tool!

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
I still can't figure out why, he said this. Rule 101 in coaching is that you usually don't take pot shots at rivals. Would think Nebraska fans will take notice and have an axe to grind. Nobody ever said Brian was smart...Another one of the many boneheaded decisions he seems to have made in his life..

• Winner
Reactions: Pool13

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016

Yeah, that's not called politically correct. That's called sexist.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
Just read an article calling Kirk one of top 5 overrated coaches. Think lil ferentz git butthurt over it and decided to lash out - same thinking that he used in his Section 8 housing decision. Pedophile U and Hokville live in too much arrogance and secrecy. Nepotism is always ugly and at a public institution? Go worry about yourself and keep your slander to yourself - heard way too much from an entitled whiner!