Colorado in meetings for Big 12 network?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That *would* be interesting, especially with that article yesterday that not all in the pac-10 were happy about adding colorado.

Edit: if you look at the comments theres a claim CU wasnt there

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Iowa State, Colorado, Missouri and Kansas State had discussions Learfield Sports, a Plano, Texas-based company that manages the multimedia rights for more than 50 universities nationwide.

This is the conference's last season as a 12-team league. Nebraska is headed to the Big Ten in 2011. Colorado is leaving for the Pac-10 in either 2011 or 2012. It wasn't immediately clear what Colorado was doing at the meeting if it is soon leaving the league.

Looks like CU was in fact there unless they royally screwed up their reporting

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Colorado could be in the meetings to discuss the conference schedule for 2011 when there could possibly be 11 teams in the conference. They still do not know if they are leaving after this season or the next.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
LOL the atm fans that want to go to the SEC. They'd never sniff an SEC title.

And to the d*****bag asking about who'd watch an ISU channel?...somebody who wanted to see atm get beat by four touchdowns, I guess.

I would love to trade atm for Arkansas.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
LOL the atm fans that want to go to the SEC. They'd never sniff an SEC title.

And to the d*****bag asking about who'd watch an ISU channel?...somebody who wanted to see atm get beat by four touchdowns, I guess.

I would love to trade atm for Arkansas.

Most A&M fans I've met were great. They have been acting like a bunch of babies about the SEC though.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Most A&M fans I've met were great. They have been acting like a bunch of babies about the SEC though.

If they're so mad about it, they ought to just fire their AD and get a new one who will do what they say. They being the aTm donors. And fire being get him fired by threatening not to donate unless he is gone.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This. Do they realize if they go into the SEC and get put in the West, they get Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Auburn every year??? Have fun with that Aggies

But yet it still beats being in the texas 10.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I know the CU rumors were just throwing stuff out there, but what would happen if they told the Pac10 they want to back out? Are they under contract that would severely hurt if they try to come back? It seems they were just trying to get in before Texas pushed for Baylor and got totally screwed when Texas and TAMU decided to stay. For that, I wouldn't have a huge problem if they came back.

IF it were to happen that BYU and CU round out the 12, that would actually put the Big12 in a better position TV wise than before Nebraska left. While BYU doesn't have the national name, they do have a much more broad viewership that could help out a conference TV package.

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
Good point. That would be nice, but if ND doesn't want to join the Big10 why would they want to join the Big12?

I don't know for sure but one reason that makes sense to me would be that there is no equal revenue sharing so they could keep their piece of the pie. Also if teams get to have their own network I've wondered if they would be able to keep their NBC agreement.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don't know for sure but one reason that makes sense to me would be that there is no equal revenue sharing so they could keep their piece of the pie. Also if teams get to have their own network I've wondered if they would be able to keep their NBC agreement.

I doubt they'd keep their NBC contract. The current deal with having your own network only lets you have the rights if someone else doesn't pick it up first. So if ESPN wants their game it couldn't be on NBC.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Exactly, A&M probably wants to get as far away from Texas as possible. Don't really blame them either.

Yeah, the SEC would be a brilliant move;

Playing for last in the SEC West and becoming less visible to UT's leftovers.

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
Yeah, the SEC would be a brilliant move;

Playing for last in the SEC West and becoming less visible to UT's leftovers.

Yeah i go on Texags because I think its a good board but you have to wade through the crazy ones. I don't see how they think getting beat up on by those teams would benefit them so much...SECede is a pretty popular saying around those parts