colorado closes practices to public

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
I am not sure. I do believe in the world of BigTime College Football...I am talking Ohio State, Michigan, USC, etc... there is spying going on. Remember when old Danny Mac had his little turf practice field there on Beach Avenue and everyone could watch all his game day preparations....wouldn't take much to figure out what the 12 scripted plays were going to be that Saturday.
Before you poo-poo this, a lot of us might have been skeptical about the efforts that Belicek and Patriots went to to spy when they were just accusations, but now we know they were true and god knows how much spying and cheating they have pulled over years they haven't got caught with. They all cover their lips on game day play calling not because it looks cool...it is because plays are being stolen.
OK, now to this Colorado schmuck (I hated him at BState), I think it is much like politics in America now....he is probably accusing others of doing something that he is absolutely doing himself. I am sure he is doing "opposition research" and stretching the boundaries of taste and ethics.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I am not sure. I do believe in the world of BigTime College Football...I am talking Ohio State, Michigan, USC, etc... there is spying going on. Remember when old Danny Mac had his little turf practice field there on Beach Avenue and everyone could watch all his game day preparations....wouldn't take much to figure out what the 12 scripted plays were going to be that Saturday.
Before you poo-poo this, a lot of us might have been skeptical about the efforts that Belicek and Patriots went to to spy when they were just accusations, but now we know they were true and god knows how much spying and cheating they have pulled over years they haven't got caught with. They all cover their lips on game day play calling not because it looks cool...it is because plays are being stolen.
OK, now to this Colorado schmuck (I hated him at BState), I think it is much like politics in America now....he is probably accusing others of doing something that he is absolutely doing himself. I am sure he is doing "opposition research" and stretching the boundaries of taste and ethics.

agree, those most likely to protect themselves are those that are most likely to know what to protect themselves from...because they are doing it.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Spying is not cheating. It is called reconaissance and is both legal and in some cases necessary. When you are a school that year-in and year-out finishes at or near the bottom in recruiting in your conference... reconassaince becomes increasingly important. If the opponents want to open the door for anyone to come watch I say shame on them.

A wise man once said, "If you are planning for a fair fight, you aren't planning properly"

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I read that on Friday - sounds like Danny's practices were a little more open, but someone was reporting the goings-on on the tubes... What? This isn't intermurals? This is Big 12 football??? Probably the whole nonsense about their switch to the 3-4 D...