College Sports - Corporate Sponsors

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
I could care less about a logo on the field. ISU is going to need a LOT of extra income now that they have to pay players. This means corporate sponsorship, alcohol sales at stadiums, and whatever else they need to monetize

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I could care less about a logo on the field. ISU is going to need a LOT of extra income now that they have to pay players. This means corporate sponsorship, alcohol sales at stadiums, and whatever else they need to monetize
Pollard: I'm excited to announce that through concerted efforts of our marketing department, for the 2025 season, we will be partnering with Anheuser Busch, Coors, Miller, Boulevard, Alluvial, Barn Town, Torrent, Confluence, 515 and Firetrucker. We are excited to have their support and look forward to this partnership as we continue to navigate this new landscape."

Reporter: So beer is finally being sold inside Jack Trice?

1717101383815.png

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
It was already allowed if part of the stadium or field name.
Exactly. This really isn't much of a difference. Many new college stadiums are named after a corporation anyway. Corporations have been part of collegiate sports for a long time now. I don't see the big deal here.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Exactly. This really isn't much of a difference. Many new college stadiums are named after a corporation anyway. Corporations have been part of collegiate sports for a long time now. I don't see the big deal here.
It’s not a big deal. It’s a small deal. Like the last small deal and the next small deal that won’t matter independently of each other but are slowly making it pretty silly. Does it matter? Probably not but it’s one small, annoying step at a time in a march toward whatever ridiculous future collegiate athletics are.

I’m not even old. Or hell… maybe I am!

Reactions: WooBadger18

jaj040

Nut Cup Wearer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 21, 2015
In the grand scheme of things, ads on the field or court is fine. I'd really rather they not be on jerseys, but that's what it is going to take to keep up with the rat race.

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
This will only allow the big to get bigger. Corporate sponsors are likely to pay more to be on a 100K plus stadium (the SEC and Big 10 schools) than the 40K - 60K stadiums. Assuming the school will get to keep100% of the sponsorship money, it will increase the delta between the big school budgets and the not so big schools. More money to fund their NIL and under the table payments. and that much harder to keep up with the SEC and Big 10. Equality be damned in the NCAA.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
To me its not that big of a change. We already look at corporate sponsor logos on basketball courts so having it on football fields and jerseys is no major change to me.

You mean Mid-American Field at Jack Trice Stadium? :)

I don't except much change there but going to a game in person will be less appealing if it means even more than TV time outs.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This will only allow the big to get bigger. Corporate sponsors are likely to pay more to be on a 100K plus stadium (the SEC and Big 10 schools) than the 40K - 60K stadiums. Assuming the school will get to keep100% of the sponsorship money, it will increase the delta between the big school budgets and the not so big schools. More money to fund their NIL and under the table payments. and that much harder to keep up with the SEC and Big 10. Equality be damned in the NCAA.
I mean... when has it really been equal? Equality and parity are not qualities that college football has been terribly concerned about

• Agree
Reactions: 2Xclone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
NEZ wall: sponsor logos (big-ass HyVee logos)
SEZ wall: name (the Sukup name is still an ad, IMO)
Field naming rights: two on-field logos and giant logo on back of video board
Ribbon board behind the band: sponsor logo
Fascia ribbon boards: ~2/3 ads
Primary video boards: ~1/3 ads
Play signal screens: sponsor logo
Press conference backdrops: rotating sponsor logos

About the only places you don't see some type of ad/sponsor right now are on the uniforms.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron