College football offense innovations

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
That was really interesting, didn't think I'd read the whole thing, but I did!

A lot of the 2-running back concepts I think we could run well but the question is: would that be too much to implement now that the season has already started?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

A lot of the 2-running back concepts I think we could run well but the question is: would that be too much to implement now that the season has already started?

We weren't able to run the old stuff, may as well not run the new stuff and have the same success? :)

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Well if we keep having the same amount of success as we did game one, I think that would answer the question for you.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Let me first go on record that I'm not lobbying for a change at OC. But I saw this article today and found some of the concepts intriguing. This guy's plays are already being copied by Lincoln Riley, Kliff Kingsbury and Bill Belichick.

Thanks for posting! I love watching what the innovative OC’s are doing out there.

I just wish we had one. All the defenses we face know exactly what is coming, but CMC and Manning seem to like that.... they just think we should be able to over power them. And that is laughable.

OU year in and year out have one of the best OL’s in the country and Riley still mixes it up and is innovative instead of just trying to run people over.

Reactions: khardbored

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Thanks for posting! I love watching what the innovative OC’s are doing out there.

I just wish we had one. All the defenses we face know exactly what is coming, but CMC and Manning seem to like that.... they just think we should be able to over power them. And that is laughable.

OU year in and year out have one of the best OL’s in the country and Riley still mixes it up and is innovative instead of just trying to run people over.
He doesn't mix **** up. His formula is stud QB + stud receivers = offensive show. It's easy to look "innovative" when you have more talent than everyone you play.

What he's doing is no different than what Art Briles has done or a bunch of other people. Their guy is better than the guy across from them almost all the time so no matter what offense they run it'll probably look good.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Give ISU Lamb and they'll look plenty innovative.

I'm not really sure ISU needs to be innovative. More of just playing within what they have available.

• Dumb
Reactions: clonedude

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO

Based on the past, it seems like Campbell loves to roll out the new stuff like the 3-man front for defense in October. So no, it doesn't seem too late, but who knows what's planned.

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
That was cool to see those 2 RB sets on the same side. Anything to get away from how boring I find the running game in single back shotgun would be great. The pistol has brought some variety but still hard to disguise much.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That was cool to see those 2 RB sets on the same side. Anything to get away from how boring I find the running game in single back shotgun would be great. The pistol has brought some variety but still hard to disguise much.
Ugh, dont remind me of the pistol at ISU.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He doesn't mix **** up. His formula is stud QB + stud receivers = offensive show. It's easy to look "innovative" when you have more talent than everyone you play.

What he's doing is no different than what Art Briles has done or a bunch of other people. Their guy is better than the guy across from them almost all the time so no matter what offense they run it'll probably look good.

I think it is little of both. Briles scheme was brutal to defend. They made you choose your poison. They spread you out big time with a run first mentality. The second they saw you cheating to stop the run, they knew where to go with the football. Our problem is if other teams do something to stop what we want to do, we don't know how to counter it. Briles had that contingency built in and often it was just a read on a simple play.

• Winner
Reactions: khardbored

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

This is totally wrong, OU with Hurts was totally different than OU with Murray, which was different than they were with Baker. The only thing that was similar was the numbers they put up, each QB did it in different ways, Riley made great adjustments to play to the strengths of his QB's.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Hope this doesn’t come down to ULL kicker.

oops. Wrong thread.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron