College Basketball Thoughts: March 4, 2021

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I am going to try to do this as much as possible. Just look at the card and give you my INITIAL thoughts. PLEASE do not view this as me handing out picks. Just my thoughts. Hopefully it will start some great conversation and we can all ring the cash register together.

My two favorite plays tonight:

Michigan State (+12) at Michigan (one unit)

Oklahoma State (+12) at Baylor (two units)

Really like OSU here. Baylor is snapping back but OSU seems to be surging too. Baylor wins but won't the Cowboys keep it close?

Michigan State is more of a gut feel. Doesn't Izzo just junk this up? Scares me a bit that Michigan could bounce back from their loss the other night. Why I'm only going one unit.

Reactions: cyc26

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I would take Michigan to cover. They just got embarrassed and it is their in state Rival. They are going to come out looking to put a beat down on them.

I do like OSU to cover. Baylor is still getting their legs back and its a short turnaround from a road game that went to OT.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Dayton (-3.5) vs. Rhode Island

Opening Round of the A-10 tournament. Rhode Island has lost 6 of 7.

Reactions: Halincandenza

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’m all over MSU. Normally I’d say UM bounces back but the rivalry makes me feel 12 is too high.

I took Oklahoma -2 and Bradley +2. Can anyone tell me why Bradley isn’t favored in that game? Didn’t they smoke them a few weeks ago and are playing at home tonight?
what am I missing?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I’m all over MSU. Normally I’d say UM bounces back but the rivalry makes me feel 12 is too high.

I took Oklahoma -2 and Bradley +2. Can anyone tell me why Bradley isn’t favored in the game? Did they smoke them a few weeks ago and are playing at home tonight?
what am I missing?
I really like Oklahoma -2 as well.

I have Richmond -5 going on right now, we’ll see how it ends up.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Haven't looked at anything tonight yet, but I don't think I'll be betting the Michigan/MSU game. Michigan State is just too weird for me. Get shellacked by the McCaffery's in the their own gym but then turn around and pull off some nice W's. But then lose to terrible Maryland when it appears that they're starting to get things figure out. I'm out on them the rest of the year.

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think I'm gonna put a unit on Nebraska at (+17.5) vs. Iowa. Just a lot of points. Fred just got them rolling last time out. I don't think Nebraska is any good but Iowa is pretty banged up. Could see Fran letting off the gas.
Plus, Hoiberg knows how to beat Fran. Nebraska beat them last year with an even less talented team than this Nebraska team.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think I'm gonna put a unit on Nebraska at (+17.5) vs. Iowa. Just a lot of points. Fred just got them rolling last time out. I don't think Nebraska is any good but Iowa is pretty banged up. Could see Fran letting off the gas.
Interesting. I went into the Ohio State game thinking the same thing Sunday. Iowa was banged up, just got really exposed by Michigan, and playing on the road against a Top 4 team. Thought I was committing highway robbery when I put 2 units on Ohio State -4.5.

I will bet this game tonight. NU looked better without Teddy the other night. +17.5 on Nebby might be the way I go...

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Doesn’t Iowa need to win for B1G seeding?

I could see them throttling Nebby.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Nebraska has looked like a competent basketball team the past two games which is very interesting since that's when their leading scorer stopped playing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they cover the 17.5.

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
I listen to Sportsline's early edge and they had Duquesne +4, which is looking good right now. They also gave out UCF -3.5, Dayton -3.5, and Iowa St +17. I believe they said TT is 2-8 ATS at home last 10

Reactions: bosco

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I am going to try to do this as much as possible. Just look at the card and give you my INITIAL thoughts. PLEASE do not view this as me handing out picks. Just my thoughts. Hopefully it will start some great conversation and we can all ring the cash register together.

My two favorite plays tonight:

Michigan State (+12) at Michigan (one unit)

Oklahoma State (+12) at Baylor (two units)

Really like OSU here. Baylor is snapping back but OSU seems to be surging too. Baylor wins but won't the Cowboys keep it close?

Michigan State is more of a gut feel. Doesn't Izzo just junk this up? Scares me a bit that Michigan could bounce back from their loss the other night. Why I'm only going one unit.

I like OkSt here too. And I actually like ISU to keep it closer than 17...I've been killed betting against ISU lately. Thinking really hard about Nebraska and Oklahoma.

CycloneJoe6

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2012
Iowa
Parlaying Oklahoma ML with Iowa State +17. Also on that Dayton -3.5.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
OU at -2 really popped out at me as an obvious take. Someone change my mind. Too many people are on this and my gut is usually wrong but Texas is bad ATS and it's on the road.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
OU at -2 really popped out at me as an obvious take. Someone change my mind. Too many people are on this and my gut is usually wrong but Texas is bad ATS and it's on the road.

Texas feels like the more talented team. OU is the better coached team. Texas can certainly win, but I'd take Kruger over Smart every day of the week.

cyc26

Nov 24, 2020
Have a few plays tonight
George Mason -7.5
WVU -13
Oklahoma -2.5
Nebraska +17.5
Southern Utah -2
Eastern Kentucky -1.5

Take a few and leave some comments below on what y'all are thinking.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm on Okie State to cover, and I parlayed Iowa State +17/Nebraska +17.5.

That Okie State line doesn't make any sense to me. They've been playing great and Baylor hasn't exactly been convincing. I would have figured that line more in the Baylor -6 range.

I'm also taking Iowa State and Nebby as big dogs. That's just so many points. Especially for Nebraska as they've been playing better. At 17 points you figure the other team can beat up on you pretty bad and ease up the last 5 minutes or so for a cover.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I put a little on OK state +12. Don’t think Baylor is 100%, and OSU is pesky enough with CC I think they’ll stay close