College Basketball galore

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
First day of football season.

Although right now I'm loving all the tourneys and pumped for the dance.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm currently working at home and so I've gotten to watch more basketball then I ever have during this week. This conference tournament week is almost as fun as the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
with all of these great championship week games, and the start of (IMO) the most perfect sporting event possible right around the corner.. No, I couldn't say there is a better time of the year. But in future years, lets throw ISU back into the national picture..you know..just as icing on the cake

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'll counter with bowl season. I definitely love the NCAA Tournament and all the March Madness that it includes, but bowl season is the clincher for me.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
I've been home with a sick since Wednesday and i'm definatley on basketball overload. What's been fun for me is that i've been updating the TV schedule on my blog as games go final.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
this is the best time of year for me..basketball tourney season should be a three week national holiday!

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
In KC its fun with the Div. II MIAA conference MBB and WBB tournaments starting it off followed by the Big 12 tournaments, followed by the NAIA Div. 1 men's tournament. For basketball junkies, that is the ultimate with 32 teams. The first couple of days there are games from like 9 the morning to 11 at night.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
i love march madness as well, but can't remember a year like this ever before - so many key injuries, disappointing seasons, and just awful play lately. this year's tourney is a complete crap shoot, even OSU almost lost in the first round of the b10 tourney.