Cobra Kai (Karate Kid)

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
This will be wonderful! It will be cheesy, but I can't wait!

Premise and that straight-up image looked super fun and promising. However, after watching that trailer, I think it looks SUPER TV-movie cheesey and almost guaranteed terrible. I guess this is being produced by YouTube rather than a big movie studio so I shouldn't be super surprised I guess.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Premise and that straight-up image looked super fun and promising. However, after watching that trailer, I think it looks SUPER TV-movie cheesey and almost guaranteed terrible. I guess this is being produced by YouTube rather than a big movie studio so I shouldn't be super surprised I guess.
I know it will be super cheesy, but it is also enough to get me to sign up for YouTube Red when it comes out.

• Winner
Reactions: Knownothing

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Last week they showed a double feature in one of the theaters of the original Karate Kid and this. I think it was a one night only showing.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am going to watch the first two on youtube. Then if I am overwhelmed by Nostalgia. I intend to dive in. So basically there is little chance I won't dive in.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I am going to watch the first two on youtube. Then if I am overwhelmed by Nostalgia. I intend to dive in. So basically there is little chance I won't dive in.
One of my homies watched all of it (yes all of it) yesterday and just raved about it. Jazzed to check it out...

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This is great!! It’s funny to look at the movie from a different angle. Another one I love is the Zach Morris Is Trash series, it breaks down Saved By The Bell episodes in the same way.

Yeah the Zach Morris one is really funny as well. Did anyone else do any movies?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I started this series yesterday. Loving it so far. Funny how they have basically swapped places and Daniel is now the rich guy and Johnny is basically the kid from the other side of the tracks.

Reactions: weR138

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I had no idea they were making this a series, I just figured it was a movie.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I just watched the first two free episodes.

I'm rooting for Johnny in this. In that first episode he continually tried taking the high road and Daniel kept rubbing his success in Johnny's face. Johnny could have told Daniel about his daughter being a material witness in the hit and run but once again took the high road. Who could blame Johnny anyway, he was obviously raised by a stepfather whose idea of parenting is to throw money at the kid. When Johnny really needed some guidance he just wrote him a check and told him to get lost.

I'm pretty sure the use of Sinatra in the opening montage of episode 2 indicates that Daniel's dealerships are just a front for money laundering by the mob. Think about it, he's from Jersey. Did you notice when Daniels wife referred to Johnny as a blonde pretty boy? It makes me wonder if maybe there isn't some sort of backstory between her and Johnny. Perhaps a young Mr. Lawrence deflowered the future Mrs. LaRusso.

• Winner
Reactions: Knownothing

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I wish they would bring in Martin Cove (kreese) and some of the other old Cobra kai for some cameos. Maybe they will.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron