Coaches did we learn anything on our last possession......

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Did Baylor lay back in that horse crap bend but dont break defense? No, they brought the house.
What did we do on their last drive? 3 man rush, drop back 10 and give up the 10 yard passes, and the game. No pressure on the qb..

I think had at least 4 blitzes on their last drive.
Two ones where we brought 5-6 and two where we brought a corner.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
You could see the ending a mile away. 3:30 left up by one. I'd bet the mortgage we give up game-ending FG on 75% of that situation, no matter the coach or year.

Tough call, problem is we were getting killed by Brewer running up the middle of we vacated the area. They were sending corner blitzes that didn’t get home.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The offense doing nothing for 3 quarters is what needs to really be addressed. Not our last defensive possession

If the defense hadn't given up long scoring drives when a stop was needed in the two losses I'd agree with you.

But they did. So I don't...although the offensive awfulness is a problem.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Offensive line play was horrid most of the night

If the defense hadn't given up long scoring drives when a stop was needed in the two losses I'd agree with you.

But they did. So I don't...although the offensive awfulness is a problem.

OL has been terrible this season, no running game which hurts the D. The offense has not been good in 3 of 4 games. I think we know where the problem is with this team.

Defense gave up 23 points on the road in the heat while the offense absolutely sucked. Where is the problem on this team?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
OL has been terrible this season, no running game which hurts the D. The offense has not been good in 3 of 4 games. I think we know where the problem is with this team.

Defense gave up 23 points on the road in the heat while the offense absolutely sucked. Where is the problem on this team?

The offense was not good, but it got the lead. The defense just needed to get a stop. It didn't.

Giving up scoring drives when you need a stop is bad. That is a problem on this team.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The OL has always been the problem going back a really long time at ISU.

Until that gets fixed, you can't really expect much.

We can't run the football. You can't ever really be an effective offense without being able to run the ball.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
  • Informative
Reactions: khardbored

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Like the Iowa game our D has a chance to put it away for us... that is the frustration...

Ehhh....our offense was the trouble today. Again, we can't win every game by scoring 21 points. We have to put more points on the board if we are going to be elite.

• Agree
Reactions: atlantacyclone