Coach McDermott Podcast Available

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Dang - you're getting pretty nifty at that Jon.

Last one took about a week. :wink:

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
haha right off the bat...he goes iowa state is hot and ready for big 10 play!!!! ahhhh Jon!! How dare you lol.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
haha right off the bat...he goes iowa state is hot and ready for big 10 play!!!! ahhhh Jon!! How dare you lol.

Yeah, I had to laugh at that now....I almost did it a few other times and corrected myself.

I am what I am. Thanks for tolerating me through my humanity.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
eh its understandable.. every1 makes mistakes.. i still think ur one of the few hawks that i can tolerate

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Hey some people just like to complain sometimes and I love it too.

For the record I'm very thankful you post these things and do these interviews. At least we aren't listening to M&M talk about freaking horseracing or other random crap.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
I also caught your talk about the future of Cyclone basketball (you even mentioned that you visit these sights on a daily basis). For a Hawkeye, you did a good job of telling us why we should feel good about the direction that Coach McD is taking us in. For a second you actually sounded like a Cyclone. Good job out of you!

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Jon - Is it a huge pain to make a podcast for y'all?

I'd probably listen to your show a lot more, or at least quite a few segments of your show if podcasts were available more often. That goes for most of the shows on KXNO.

Certainly not complaining. Thanks for the interview!

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Jon - Is it a huge pain to make a podcast for y'all?

I'd probably listen to your show a lot more, or at least quite a few segments of your show if podcasts were available more often. That goes for most of the shows on KXNO.

Certainly not complaining. Thanks for the interview!

When my show is over, I try to get home as quickly as I can to spend as much time with my family before my daughter goes to bed. that is very important to me.

I can access shows from home, but uploading cuts to the website is something I cannot do from home. Otherwise I would do that sort of thing after everyone is bed.

This is the same for Hawk stuff too...but I should just make it a part of my daily routine the first thing when I come into the office.

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
I also caught your talk about the future of Cyclone basketball (you even mentioned that you visit these sights on a daily basis). For a Hawkeye, you did a good job of telling us why we should feel good about the direction that Coach McD is taking us in. For a second you actually sounded like a Cyclone. Good job out of you!

With the turmoil that ensued right when Greg took over, and a few other a) bad luck situations b) discipline situations, its going to take a while.

But Greg McDermott is a man and coach that in 10 years, you will grateful to have, because he will have provided continuity, honor, tenure and stability to a position that has quite frankly lacked at least a little bit of all of those things since Johnny Orr left. The honor part might be going to far with Wayne, however.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
When my show is over, I try to get home as quickly as I can to spend as much time with my family before my daughter goes to bed. that is very important to me.

I can access shows from home, but uploading cuts to the website is something I cannot do from home. Otherwise I would do that sort of thing after everyone is bed.

This is the same for Hawk stuff too...but I should just make it a part of my daily routine the first thing when I come into the office.

Totally understand about the time thing. I just enjoy your show, and I'm sure there are other folks out there who do as well, who can't get near a radio or stream it when it's live.

Heck, i'd listen to the Hawk stuff too. I'd rather hear about them than listen to 3000 hours of Roger Clemens Radio.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Totally understand about the time thing. I just enjoy your show, and I'm sure there are other folks out there who do as well, who can't get near a radio or stream it when it's live.

Heck, i'd listen to the Hawk stuff too. I'd rather hear about them than listen to 3000 hours of Roger Clemens Radio.

The segments with Blum are great. I really think the show could reach new levels if there was a partner in the booth and Blum would be great. I would say I enjoy the show about 40% of the time... There are some times (wrestling talk, overboard hawk talk) that almost put me to sleep.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The segments with Blum are great. I really think the show could reach new levels if there was a partner in the booth and Blum would be great. I would say I enjoy the show about 40% of the time... There are some times (wrestling talk, overboard hawk talk) that almost put me to sleep.

Dont rip on the wrestling coverage. Jon maybe the only local talk show host to have a wrestling segment. Its better than him talking the Iowa football depth chat.