Close Up of the New Helmet

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
There are new wallpapers on cyclones.com and one of them has a close up of the new helmet. Looks pretty sharp.

New wallpapers
ISU Athletics Desktop Wallpaper - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - Iowa State Cyclones Sports

The one with Cael is BA too.
ViewPhoto.dbml

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
It would be interesting to hear from those 2000 folks that signed the petition to keep the old Cy logo. At the time, I couldn't believe we tanking twister Cy for the I State thing but I did not sign the petition because I wanted to trust JP. To be clear, those 2000 folks that signed the petition are our most loyal and dedicated fans, they love this university and the traditions it bears. But to be honest, I now look at the twister Cy with all that blue and wonder why.

jperickson23

Apr 10, 2006
Des Moines
2 things struck me funny about that wallpaper. You can clearly see the reflection of the photographer and construction in background on the helmet. 3 of the conference home games are not in caps like they're supposed to be.

I've always been on board with the new uniforms and just about everything Pollard has ever done.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
It would be interesting to hear from those 2000 folks that signed the petition to keep the old Cy logo. At the time, I couldn't believe we tanking twister Cy for the I State thing but I did not sign the petition because I wanted to trust JP. To be clear, those 2000 folks that signed the petition are our most loyal and dedicated fans, they love this university and the traditions it bears. But to be honest, I now look at the twister Cy with all that blue and wonder why.

I signed the petition then and I would do it again now. I love the old logo and as I've talked to non-cyclone fans about the new logo they would agree with me on liking the old logo better.

I do like the colors going back to their original but I'm just not a fan of the new logo.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

I didn't sign the petition, but would have. The "I-State" doesn't show much imagination. They're just letters.
All that being said, if we win, it will become hugely popular. If we don't, we will have yet another logo change when a new coach and AD come in...

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
2 things struck me funny about that wallpaper. You can clearly see the reflection of the photographer and construction in background on the helmet. 3 of the conference home games are not in caps like they're supposed to be.

I've always been on board with the new uniforms and just about everything Pollard has ever done.

For some reason, I can't figure out what your talking about.

GNKSLCZSDKRQXBW.20080701135826.jpg

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

GNKSLCZSDKRQXBW.20080701135826.jpg

A&M, Missouri, and K-State should all be in caps, but they're not. I can't see the photographer, though.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
A&M, Missouri, and K-State should all be in caps, but they're not. I can't see the photographer, though.

If you go to Cyclones.com and open the really big picture, it's pretty clear. He's laying on the ground just inside the big "I" below the intersection of the first "T" and the "A" (lulz) in "STATE"

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle

If you open the 1280x1024 version on the cyclones.com website, in the bottom of the I you can see a guy laying on the concrete taking a picture of the helmet. You can also see the jacobson building in the reflection as well as some other stuff.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If you go to Cyclones.com and open the really big picture, it's pretty clear. He's laying on the ground just inside the big "I" below the intersection of the first "T" and the "A" (lulz) in "STATE"

Ha - you're right, there he is right between the T and the A. I would think they could Shop that out?

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006

I do see it now.

Didn't really bother me at all if you have to look that closely to see it.

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
I bought one of the mini-helmets last week. It makes a big difference when you see them in perosn.

In my opinion the new uniforms and the helmets is the strongest look we've ever had.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
When the new look was announced, I did not like it. I wanted to get ride of the red on red look but wanted to keep Cy on the helmet. Yes, I signed the petition but after seeing the new logo, it has grown on me. I really like it and understand why the change was made. I still hold judgment on the uniforms until I see them in person but from everything I've seen, they are going to be awesome.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
When the new look was announced, I did not like it. I wanted to get ride of the red on red look but wanted to keep Cy on the helmet. Yes, I signed the petition but after seeing the new logo, it has grown on me. I really like it and understand why the change was made. I still hold judgment on the uniforms until I see them in person but from everything I've seen, they are going to be awesome.

I saw them at the Davenport Tailgate Tour. They're "big time" - all that and then some :yes:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
It would be interesting to hear from those 2000 folks that signed the petition to keep the old Cy logo.

I didn't compain about Danny McCarney's logo, but I thought it was not only a little tacky, but awfully busy for what you want in a logo--I've always liked Penn State's lion logo, though they don't use it on their helmets. Simple, graceful and strong.

I think this now logo is much cleaner, classier, and also has a fundamental strength. After all, you engineers should know that an "I" beam is the fundamentsl structure most of the world's great structures are built upon. :cool:

(at least, I think I know that).

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I didn't compain about Danny McCarney's logo, but I thought it was not only a little tacky, but awfully busy for what you want in a logo--I've always liked Penn State's lion logo, though they don't use it on their helmets. Simple, graceful and strong.

I think this now logo is much cleaner, classier, and also has a fundamental strength. After all, you engineers should know that an "I" beam is the fundamentsl structure most of the world's great structures are built upon. :cool:

(at least, I think I know that).

Plus, as has been mentioned millions of times since last summer, Cy's not gone - the punching Cy is still around and on merchandise. Just with the new color scheme and not on the helmet.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I suppose that I shouldn't ask, but...why in the world does the soccer wallpaper show somene in a royal blue uni and socks with black shorts?!

I admit to never liking soccer (always quite happily ignored the sport), but is the squad (or coach) just so determined to be different that they don't know what the school colors are? Royal blue isn't even the shade of blue used in the old "twister" Cy logo. Did the coach go to Duke or UNC or something? And who in the Athletic Department is letting them get away with it?

Back on topic--I don't really care about the photographer's reflection, you have to look closely to see it, and I'd rather have a natural pic than photoshopped--but the comment about him being "between the t and a" cracked me up.

Maybe it's just that it's 6am...