***Cliff Keen Gameday(s) Thread***

Bluffers

Sep 16, 2009
Ames
I like the dangerous feel to this team. It's like they are just beginning to understand how good they could be by March. Lots of room to grow. Good depth in the room. Good leadership willing to hold folks accountable.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Soon to be #1 Kyven Gadson wins it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy about this. I hadn't been online most of the day, so I just started where I left off this morning and read the rest of the thread (that's why I had so many late "likes"). Great finish to the day and some good stuff.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Just hopped on been out in the lots all day treating sick calves...wow great job by the guys from what I can tell! Like seeing the late takedowns in the 3rd eating my crow with wondering if we were not up to par yet on conditioning... Any word why tanner's guy forfeited?

Think this really helps Kyven in more ways than what people could imagine. Not just mentally but helps change/shape the seeding come march for him!

Great job to Buff, Jud and everyone else for the updates and insights as always. As for the trolls keep trollin like the trolls troll

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Gadson beating Schiller is huge for his confidence. That said, I really think his win over Snyder was more impressive (and I have long been pulling for Gadson to get past Schiller). Snyder is a beast. Kid (Snyder) is going to be special.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Flo hasn't done a final update after the last two matches so the points for some teams are a bit off but I don't think that impacted the team race.

1. Minnesota (146)
2. Ohio State (120)
3. Virginia Tech (110)
4. Iowa State (106)
5. Cornell (93.5)
6. Nebraska (89)
7. Michigan (85)
8. Virginia (73)
9. NC State (62)
10. Oregon State (56)
14. UNI (48.5)

cytopia

Feb 13, 2014
Des Moines
Is this an alter ego of queso?

Excuse me? I'm just honest about what I see.

Kyven had a great match against Schiller. Great blast double right off the bat. Hope he keeps his offense going. Moreno came back and wrestled well...Actually, minus the loss to Walsh, both Morneo's had good tournaments.

I think our team could be in better condition but overall we wrestled okay. Not great but okay.

cytopia

Feb 13, 2014
Des Moines
Matches like Tanner and Gabe have been wrestling this year, make we wonder why people think we are gassed and not in shape. For the most part, if you look at many matches this year, 3rd period has been our strongest.

To the wrestlers credit, they keep wrestling hard, but make no mistake, they are gassing too early.

cytopia

Feb 13, 2014
Des Moines
Wow, some of you guys should really stop ragging on UNI. They are going to be good in the next few years. Schwab has proven in the past few years that he can coach and now he is getting his recruits into the program, and they are better recruits than ours are. I wouldn't be surprised if they pass us up. This season is not and will not be any indication to what they will be in the future. Shwabs guys are freshmen and true freshmen this year. They are on their way to being a very solid team, which is more than I can say for Iowa State right now. We are not anywhere near where we should be and it only gets worse after this year.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Wow, some of you guys should really stop ragging on UNI. They are going to be good in the next few years. Schwab has proven in the past few years that he can coach and now he is getting his recruits into the program, and they are better recruits than ours are. I wouldn't be surprised if they pass us up. This season is not and will not be any indication to what they will be in the future. Shwabs guys are freshmen and true freshmen this year. They are on their way to being a very solid team, which is more than I can say for Iowa State right now. We are not anywhere near where we should be and it only gets worse after this year.

Well, at least you went out of your way to make it easy for the rest of us with your last few posts.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Just can't figure out why UNI & Iowa fans have to constantly tell us how bad KJ is and how Iowa State wrestling is going downhill and UNI is so great for about 4 years now. getting old

I will get you to the UNI board if you want to talk about it over there, just not here. I am sick of hearing negative crap about my Cyclone team that I want to support not defend

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
Let's be honest. This team will not place in the top 3 at nationals, but for the people that want to say we wrestled OK but not great-where the hell have you been for 3-4 years????! Our guys wrestled their ***es off and probably over-achieved! So happy for this team and I'm excited to finally see the progress the guys and coaching staff have made so far. We probably won't be beating Iowa anytime soon, but at the very least these kind of results are encouraging!

Last edited:

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines

You make this easy....trolololo

cytopia

Feb 13, 2014
Des Moines
Why? Because i can see what is in plain sight? Or because I'm not an apologist? Or because i don't just blindly agree with what's going on with a one proud program? Or because I don't bash UNI every chance i get? Or because I haven't lowered my expectations even though most of the rest of you have?

Tell my why I am a troll.

cloneswereall

Aug 12, 2010
Why? Because i can see what is in plain sight? Or because I'm not an apologist? Or because i don't just blindly agree with what's going on with a one proud program? Or because I don't bash UNI every chance i get? Or because I haven't lowered my expectations even though most of the rest of you have?

It probably has something to do with ISU wrestling better at this point in the year than the team has in the last five years, yet you talking about how UNI is doing so much better than ISU is. Even though by virtually every single metric out there (aside from dual wins), ISU has achieved higher than UNI.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa

Could you answer my ? from before? How are you close to the program? Not calling you out or anything internet macho like that I am actually 100% curious.

cloneswillwin

Sep 27, 2009
West Des Moines
It probably has something to do with ISU wrestling better at this point in the year than the team has in the last five years, yet you talking about how UNI is doing so much better than ISU is. Even though by virtually every single metric out there (aside from dual wins), ISU has achieved higher than UNI.

This.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
The very fact that we compare ourselves to UNI says something about our program, their program, or (likely) both. They do not have our name, tradition or resources.

They were without 3 starters this weekend including two ranked/round of 12 guys in Wolfensperger and Caldwell. Sounds like Wolfensperger is done for the year. Don't sleep on them--they have recruited very well the past few years.