Cincinnati Xavier brawl

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Are you equally as outraged that no charges have been brought against Suh for his Thanksgiving Day incident?

Suh never stomped on the guy. And if he did, it would have only been his hand. This guy stomped on the guys head. Completely different.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Suh never stomped on the guy. And if he did, it would have only been his hand. This guy stomped on the guys head. Completely different.

What are you talking about? Why do you think he got ejected?

So good to know I could stomp on your hand or arm while wearing cleats and you would be cool with it.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Whoever sucker punched Kenny Frease needs to be done for the year. It's just not excusable. Really no one should have any arguemnt there.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Whoever sucker punched Kenny Frease needs to be done for the year. It's just not excusable. Really no one should have any arguemnt there.

That guy looked like the biggest idiot of the bunch. What a weasel. If you are going to hit somebody, at least be man enough to do it face to face.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
What are you talking about? Why do you think he got ejected?

So good to know I could stomp on your hand or arm while wearing cleats and you would be cool with it.

As it turns out he did get his arm. It looked like he never touched him when I saw it on T.V. Either way, it is a completely different situation. Your talking about potential life threatening/brain damaging injuries when you stomp someone in the face. The other poster said things get heated and fights break out between two players sometimes. That is fine, and it happens, but the guy who got punched and stomped on was not getting heated with an opposing player and he was singled out and targeted by two other players. One of whom came off the bench to stomp on his face. Suh should have been suspended and was. The guy who landed the punch should be suspended, but the guy who stomped on his face should be kicked off the team and should face criminal charges. If I did that to some random guy on the street, I am sitting in jail right now.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
what doesn't make sense to me is that the coach was acting like a strict bad *** during the press conference saying he has never been embarrassed as that in his life...he says he'll watch the video to see what happens.

Then he only hits Gates with 6 games...I thought that was one of the best press conferences I've seen in sports...good to know he was ************ most of it though..great job hypocrit

Last edited:

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
Spike's Worlds Most Amazing Videos - Wrestler Knocks Ref Out - YouTube

So this would be cool by you? The ref has migraines for the rest of his life now. People can get hurt and lives can get changed. Loss of scholarship should start being a minimum for stuff life this. Obviously criminal charges would vary, but I don't know why they couldn't be looked at. That Miami-FSU fight linked earlier, people were definitely throwing themselves in there with the intent to seriously harm one another.

Have any of us played a sport before? Are you serious? There's former ISU athletes on this board. Have you turned 17 yet and realized there is more to life than your JV high school football team (probably not)?

Stfu. First of all I am 22, not that it matters. Im laughing at your post right now, loss of scholarships at a minimum? Humans fight each other, it happens. It is part of life. I swear people are living in online forum fairy-tale land. Yes, there should be a punishment, but take a step back.

example: Charles Barkley and Shaq got in a NBA brawl with each other back in the day, should they not be in the NBA hall of fame because they fought and coulda got hurt?

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
what doesn't make sense to me is that the coach was acting like a strict bad *** during the press conference saying he has never been embarrassed as that in his life...he says he'll watch the video to see what happens.

Then he only hits Gates with 6 games...I thought that was one of the best press conferences I've seen in sports...good to know he was ************ most of it though..great job hypocrit

He isn't the one handing out the punishments, the school does that.

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
That's good to know, so if I ever stomp on your face when you are down and defenseless, I know you won't press charges and you are perfectly fine with it.

Exaggerate much? He tried kicking him and barley got him in the upper back. Not like the guy made him bit the announcers table and curb-stomped him lol.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Stfu. First of all I am 22, not that it matters. Im laughing at your post right now, loss of scholarships at a minimum? Humans fight each other, it happens. It is part of life. I swear people are living in online forum fairy-tale land. Yes, there should be a punishment, but take a step back.

example: Charles Barkley and Shaq got in a NBA brawl with each other back in the day, should they not be in the NBA hall of fame because they fought and coulda got hurt?

You really can't see the difference between two people consenting to a fight and swinging at each other and a guy blindsiding another guy?

Humans do fight each other you are right...and when they do they have committed a crime. What's your point?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
He isn't the one handing out the punishments, the school does that.

the coach has some say on it..it's not all the president and AD making the decision....

Example is Royce being late for shootaround for a game this season...did Hoiberg tell Pollard and Pollard then made him sit out, not Hoiberg? No.

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
You really can't see the difference between two people consenting to a fight and swinging at each other and a guy blindsiding another guy?

Humans do fight each other you are right...and when they do they have committed a crime. What's your point?

I guess my point is these are 18/19/20 year old kids who got worked up and I think its wrong for people to judge them for fighting and think that their scholarships should be instantly revoked.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I guess my point is these are 18/19/20 year old kids who got worked up and I think its wrong for people to judge them for fighting and think that their scholarships should be instantly revoked.

...and I think its wrong to turn a blind eye to what is an obvious crime because it occurred on a basketball court.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
The thing is, these players are ON SCHOLARSHIP representing the University and fighting is NOT allowed in CBBall. Gates deserves season if not being kicked off the team for his role, Holloway most definitely deserves more than one game as he instigated the whole thing. The guy who tried to stop on Frease's (sp?) face should be booted. For the other guys I can see 6 games as a reasonable punishment.

Also, to the argument made saying these guys are 18-20 and get worked up and fight, based on your logic this should happen all of the time. Teams get heated all of the time during games, but as a player you have to have the ability to hold back and let your game do the talking. There is absolutely no excuse for getting in a fight or brawl.

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
...and I think its wrong to turn a blind eye to what is an obvious crime because it occurred on a basketball court.

I guess our difference of opinions just lies in the punishment. I never said a "crime" wasnt committed. I'm just saying people make mistakes and it would be over reacting to take away scholarships.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I guess our difference of opinions just lies in the punishment. I never said a "crime" wasnt committed. I'm just saying people make mistakes and it would be over reacting to take away scholarships.

I'm sorry but when you sucker punch somebody in the face or try to stomp on somebody's face, you don't deserve to call yourself a college athlete and you don't deserve the scholarship! Both should be kicked off the team in my opinion!