Cincinnati Xavier brawl

Mizzoulander

Sep 28, 2011
I don't know. Was that the guy jumping and swinging at anything that moved. If he connected with real punches then yes. If it's the guy I'm thinking of I'd love to see some charges, but I don't know what you could make stick. enciting a riot, the DB was mostly whiffing on roundhouses. I think its just hard to make it stick for the lack of bodily harm. But if anybody even got bruised, I hope they at least try.

Both are world class trash. Hope they are both suspended for the season. But, as far as making CHARGES stick, only one likely did significant bodily harm. And it was night and day as far as assult is concerned. The other guy was a DB but he didn't come up to someone at random and blindside a person that was mostly clean as far as calling it instigated.

Agree both teams are total thugs. If I ever saw either side of it from the cyclones it would make me sick to my stomach

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yes, I've seen it several times. I assume you would like to see an assault charge brought on Tu Holloway too?

So if a brawl started outside of a bar and they had a guy on tape sucker punching someone you don't think they'd file charges? Do you consent to being punched in the face when you play a basketball game or something?

Reactions: cyfanatic

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Gates should be kicked off the team...Freese with a 3 game suspension, Holloway with 5 games for his stupid media speech and starting it and the Cincy guy 3 games for pushing him...that should be enough

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Gates should be kicked off the team...Freese with a 3 game suspension, Holloway with 5 games for his stupid media speech and starting it and the Cincy guy 3 games for pushing him...that should be enough

I found Holloway's post game quote useful. Here I went through life thinking that thugs and gangsters were similar. Little did I know that it is acceptable to be a gangster, so long as you don't take it to the level of being a thug.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
dm_111210_ncb_xavier_cincy_highlight.jpg

Thanks captain obvious. Read the rest of the thread.

He was not puched by the guy we were talking about. I said the #34 that punched this guy should be charged that part of the conversation very obvious. There was also a guy under the basket that was throwing haymakers and whiffing. That is another one that I think should be suspended for a long time, but I don't know how you can make the charges stick on the guy under the basket. He's the one that I don't know if HE bruised anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISUAgronomist

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Holloway started the fight. Xavier is number 8 in the country and up 21 at the time of the fight. The kid that got puched should go thank Holloway for being such a good Sr leader

Somebody a butt hurt, half cincy fan. Yes both teams need a lot of suspensions. Doesn't matter what's going on in the other scuffles. The #34 DB wasn't in the thick of it so take that excause out. The guy with the cut wasn't hitting anyone he was separtating people and the DB sucker punched him like a biotch. The guy with the cut should press charges.

Both teams should be taken to the wood shed. Whole lotta thugs on both sides and the City of Cincy looks more and more like trash every passing sports fiasco. Their sports people in most of ohio show little class. From OSU choking players in football games. To the reds and their trash and now these guys.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Has a player ever been charged criminally for a fight that broke out during a game? I know Zidano Charro (sp?) with the Bruins was being investigated for a hit he put on someone in a hockey game, but I don't think I've ever heard about it otherwise. I can't think of any legal reason why cold-cocking a guy isn't an assault because it happened on a basketball floor...

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtY2RC9mTbE&feature=related]The Drew Carey Show Theme Song - YouTube[/ame]

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Why would you let those two speak to the media after the game!? If I were a coach, I will tell them to keep their mouth shut and keep it DL. Instead the coach let those two come out and say bunch of classless junk in front of media. What a stupid move by Xavier.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Why would you let those two speak to the media after the game!? If I were a coach, I will tell them to keep their mouth shut and keep it DL. Instead the coach let those two come out and say bunch of classless junk in front of media. What a stupid move by Xavier.

Or at least consider prepping them on what to say.

Maybe something like: "They're going to try to get you to talk about the fight. Say it was a mistake for everyone, and whatever you do don't say you zipped them up and call yourself a gangster."

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

What did the Xavier coach say? We keep hearing the interview with the Cincinnati coach (who sounded awesome in the way he handled it), but nothing from the Xavier coach as far as I know. Xavier President, yes, but coach, no.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
What did the Xavier coach say? We keep hearing the interview with the Cincinnati coach (who sounded awesome in the way he handled it), but nothing from the Xavier coach as far as I know. Xavier President, yes, but coach, no.

No. Xavier coach was nowhere to be found...at least on ESPN. Awesome PR.

cyclone22

Sep 14, 2011
Ames, IA
I have no problem with the concept of criminal charges for a thing like this.

WTF lol, are you guy high?..... Loss of scholarships? Criminal charges? What is this world coming to? people get in fights all the time. Have any of you arm-chair saints played a sport in your life (probably not)? People get worked up, emotions are high and sometimes they lead to a fight. It happens in every sport and every level. Get over yourselves already.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
WTF lol, are you guy high?..... Loss of scholarships? Criminal charges? What is this world coming to? people get in fights all the time. Have any of you arm-chair saints played a sport in your life (probably not)? People get worked up, emotions are high and sometimes they lead to a fight. It happens in every sport and every level. Get over yourselves already.

Maybe it shouldn't matter what size the guy is, but I think it does.. whatever high school punk scuffles you're referring to, isn't the same as being sucker punched by someone 6'9 260.

And hockey is the sport you're thinking of. Fighting is not a normal part of most sports. No amateur athlete on the court should have to worry about being "zipped up" with a sucker punch.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU-eKWJHSuo]Spike's Worlds Most Amazing Videos - Wrestler Knocks Ref Out - YouTube[/ame]

So this would be cool by you? The ref has migraines for the rest of his life now. People can get hurt and lives can get changed. Loss of scholarship should start being a minimum for stuff life this. Obviously criminal charges would vary, but I don't know why they couldn't be looked at. That Miami-FSU fight linked earlier, people were definitely throwing themselves in there with the intent to seriously harm one another.

Have any of us played a sport before? Are you serious? There's former ISU athletes on this board. Have you turned 17 yet and realized there is more to life than your JV high school football team (probably not)?

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
What a class act by the Cincinnati coach. Took full responsibility and assured that his players will be dealt with. He said he made each of them take of their jerseys as they did not earn them. Most coaches I'm sure would have blamed the other team.

Yes. World needs more of this kinda guy.