Christmas commercials from your youth

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I always just remember commercials of kids playing with monster truck style toy pickups on awesome looking little dirt tracks in their backyard and just wanting all of that for Xmas.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Can't find the commercial but I can still sing the Sears "After Christmas" sale commercial from the late 70s or early 80s...

"Almost everything you wanted but didn't get for Christmas is on sale now at Sears!"

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You people are really hitting me in the feels. Hallmark and Folgers get me every year with homecoming commercials. My contribution is a Hallmark commercial that in my mind is a precursor to the "David Comes Home" Folgers commercial.

My younger son enlisted in the USAF back in 2001, went through boot just after 9/11, and MOS training in Mississippi after that. He wasn't allowed to come back to Iowa that Christmas.
I didn't expect him home for the following Christmas because he was always broke, and because I had basically resigned myself to my sons growing up and moving away. Christmas Eve 2002 I was in the balcony of the church where the bell choir played, visiting with friends and waiting for the service to start. I hear this "hi, Ma" from behind me, and turn around and there is all 6'2" of him in uniform. I think the whole church heard me shout his name. Spent the next few minutes holding on to him, blubbering into his jacket, and not wanting to let go. It's tough to have your kids grow up and move away. Even tougher if you don't know whether they will be deployed or not. I hope all of you will share quality time with family and friends this holiday season.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
You people are really hitting me in the feels. Hallmark and Folgers get me every year with homecoming commercials. My contribution is a Hallmark commercial that in my mind is a precursor to the "David Comes Home" Folgers commercial.

My younger son enlisted in the USAF back in 2001, went through boot just after 9/11, and MOS training in Mississippi after that. He wasn't allowed to come back to Iowa that Christmas.
I didn't expect him home for the following Christmas because he was always broke, and because I had basically resigned myself to my sons growing up and moving away. Christmas Eve 2002 I was in the balcony of the church where the bell choir played, visiting with friends and waiting for the service to start. I hear this "hi, Ma" from behind me, and turn around and there is all 6'2" of him in uniform. I think the whole church heard me shout his name. Spent the next few minutes holding on to him, blubbering into his jacket, and not wanting to let go. It's tough to have your kids grow up and move away. Even tougher if you don't know whether they will be deployed or not. I hope all of you will share quality time with family and friends this holiday season.

The song alone is one of the greatest of all time. These all feel very recent to my recollection.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron