Chris Cornell passes away after show

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
"I caught the moon today. Pick it up and throw it away"

Dammit, Chris. Too soon, man. Layne Staley, Curt Cobain, Scott Weiland, Chris Cornell, all gone. Hey Eddie, you need to stay around. I'm not ready to say goodbye to all of my college musicians yet.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812 and Angie

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
No sarcasm, is Eddie Vedder the only Seattle grunge band front man who has made it out alive? 4/5 of the biggest ones now dead relatively young. 80% death rate.

Eddie Vedder take his vitamins and get some rest.
Hope he wasn't just holding out for last years world series.

Reactions: Doc

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Damn. This one hurts. One of the best voices ever.

Some have said one of the best guitar players ever. When you hear the opening riff to Spoonman, you're kidding yourself if you don't turn it up in the car and drum along on the steering wheel.

Gonna rock some oldschool Soundgarden today.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Had one of the best voices in music in the last 40 years. Sad. I remember seeing Soundgarden with Metallica at the fairgrounds for lollapalooza back in the 90s.

Reactions: Omaha Cy

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I've had enough of suicides recently (assuming that is the cause). This **** needs to stop and mental health needs to be a bigger priority in the national conversation.

Spotify has a great playlist for Chris Cornell this morning. I'll have it on repeat remembering the loudest concert I ever attended.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Wow. I saw them Sunday night in KC at the Starlight Theatre. It was a great show and great performance by Cornell! So much fun. I can't believe it was his 2nd to last concert.

This is surreal, especially as we were talking about how good he looked for his age, and how he was still going strong unlike Cobain, Staley, and Weiland.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Such a great voice. I never was a huge Soundgarden fan but love Audioslave and his solo work. The great thing about his music is it lasted the test of time and to me I enjoy it more now than I did when it was new.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
That made me chuckle a bit.

I think Eddie still smokes and drinks pretty heavy on the road. Needs to take care.

He's never battled heavy drug use though has he? I'm not huge into that genre but it seems like he's the one who has written some pretty haunting songs and it's a little odd he's the one who is doing best.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
He's never battled heavy drug use though has he? I'm not huge into that genre but it seems like he's the one who has written some pretty haunting songs and it's a little odd he's the one who is doing best.

Not sure how heavy he got, but he definitely had his moments. Im pretty sure McCready went to rehab. Most of that stuff though was done with early on because of that. Enough bad crap happened around them they took a different path.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I love his acoustic solo stuff. His cover of "Billie Jean" is so soulful.

He just had an amazing voice. A great rock-and-roll voice.

Is his death going to help people realize that Soundgarden was simply a rock and roll band and a great one at that? Them and Pearl Jam were labeled wrong from the beginning.

• Agree

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The baseball stadium across from my office has Say Hello to Heaven blasting in the field. Fills up the block. Pretty awesome.

edit: and just like that, silence. Nice tribute.

Last edited:
Reactions: nwiafan and Angie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And how the **** is Keith Richards outliving these people. He's looked dead ever since I can remember.

I've joked with people that he sometimes looks like he's just woken up mid-show and doesn't know where he is.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
My favorite songs in the concert Sunday were The Day I Tried to Live and Rusty Cage. The 5-song set from Superuknown was as strong as any run I've ever seen in concert:

1. Spoonman
2. Outshined
3. Black Hole Sun
4. My Wave
5. The Day I Tried to Live