Chris Cornell passes away after show

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Definitely "Feeling Minnesota" after hearing the news.

This sucks so bad. I love, love, love, Soundgarden. Between them and Alice In Chains, they made up a huge percentage of my music listening in the 90s. I'm going to have to go on a youtube binge all day.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
A buddy and I were trying to come up with the ultimate rock band, past or present. Both of us had Cornell on vocals without even debating each-other.

This sucks.

Yeah, he's on the Mt. Rushmore of rock vocalists, for sure. He could do it all.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I thought I saw it was suicide.

That would be the other likely culprit. Seems the two kinda go hand in hand. Whatever it was, **** it, I'll be listening to his work all day.

I was 9 when Superunknown came out and I remember my dad buying it and playing the **** out of it. Cornell's music has been a part of my life as long I've been an active consumer of music. This one hits harder than the legends who passed last year.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
That would be the other likely culprit. Seems the two kinda go hand in hand. Whatever it was, **** it, I'll be listening to his work all day.

I was 9 when Superunknown came out and I remember my dad buying it and playing the **** out of it. Cornell's music has been a part of my life as long I've been an active consumer of music. This one hits harder than the legends who passed last year.

Agreed. I was a little older. Sophomore in high school, when Superunknown hit. I listened to that album like I was getting paid for it. The best part about getting acquainted with them that way, was that you could go back and "discover" all of their previous stuff, and it was like a treasure trove of awesomeness. I even enjoyed Down on the Upside a lot, even though it wasn't as well received.

Always liked Cornell's solo stuff, too. And then Audioslave just blew me away.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
ugh! count me in the camp of Soundgarden fans that are shocked by this today. Another reminder of how you never know the troubles and problems of others. Sad day.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
When I started learning how to play the guitar, "I am the Highway" and "Cochise" were some of the first ones I learned to play. Might need to go find it and see if I still remember how to play them.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
They claimed he had "a band" around his neck, but that could be anything. They arent saying suicide yet.

Auto-erotic-asphyxiation ala the way Michael Hutchins of INXS went...

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No sarcasm, is Eddie Vedder the only Seattle grunge band front man who has made it out alive? 4/5 of the biggest ones now dead relatively young. 80% death rate.

Eddie Vedder take his vitamins and get some rest.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Agreed. I was a little older. Sophomore in high school, when Superunknown hit. I listened to that album like I was getting paid for it. The best part about getting acquainted with them that way, was that you could go back and "discover" all of their previous stuff, and it was like a treasure trove of awesomeness. I even enjoyed Down on the Upside a lot, even though it wasn't as well received.

Always liked Cornell's solo stuff, too. And then Audioslave just blew me away.

I listen to that more than any other Soundgarden album. "Blow Up the Outside World" and "Burden in My Hand" are Top 5 Soundgarden tunes for me.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Andrew Wood
Curt Cobain
Layne Staley
Scott Weiland
Chris Cornell

Pretty crazy that most all the leading "grunge" singers are now dead. And all not much older than me.....

• Agree
Reactions: arobb and Angie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron