Chris Ash

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
fatso at kansas needs a job.hire him and we would have 3 of the best coaches in the country on the staff:coach cpr,coach wally burham and mangino-these three know how to recruit and coach.

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
Idea's include Manigo's DB coach if he was let go. South Florida's DB coach if he was let go. TT DB coach if he was let go. And who ever coached DB's at Pitt when he was DC there.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Idea's include Manigo's DB coach if he was let go. South Florida's DB coach if he was let go. TT DB coach if he was let go. And who ever coached DB's at Pitt when he was DC there.

You want the DB coach from AA's single best game of the year. I'll pass.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
fatso at kansas needs a job.hire him and we would have 3 of the best coaches in the country on the staff:coach cpr,coach wally burham and mangino-these three know how to recruit and coach.

With his reputation of creating scenes (read: forcing a hurt player to crawl on the turf that ended up burning the player's hands, being abusive toward a campus DPS personnel) I don't think he'll be a good hire. Recruits will back off him.

Although I bet that Mangino and Leach will stay unemployed for at least 1 season, the chance of Leach getting hired faster than Mangino. At least Leach doesn't scare recruits (though he might scare the administration too with his attitude)

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
KU's coaching of their d-backs was beyond bad. You don't want any part of that.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
With his reputation of creating scenes (read: forcing a hurt player to crawl on the turf that ended up burning the player's hands, being abusive toward a campus DPS personnel) I don't think he'll be a good hire. Recruits will back off him.

Although I bet that Mangino and Leach will stay unemployed for at least 1 season, the chance of Leach getting hired faster than Mangino. At least Leach doesn't scare recruits (though he might scare the administration too with his attitude)

Why are you treating that like a legitimate suggestion?

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
To me, Bobby's not a recruiting coordinator - that position is usually intended for a younger coach because theres a lot of traveling and work involved.

What i would love to see happen, is one of two things, regardless of scenario - we should find a place for David Blackwell.

To me, i think we should hire him as a Football Office personnel - not a coach. Have him be the dedicated recruiting coordinator. He's worked with Rhoads twice and a very viable candidate with a lot of southern and eastern connections from his time at USF, Clemson and Pitt, as well as time at East Carolina.

Then hire bobby elliott for the secondary, with no recruiting duties which eases the duties of a coach a lot.

Do that and i think we're actually in a better position then with Coach Ash. I really like him and thought he had what it takes to make that next jump, just wished he had stayed here for a year or two more....

Good Luck Coach Ash, i hope you make ur jump to DC soon.

I don't think that this would be allowed. You can only have a set number of coaches and we were at the max. The recruiting coordinator just about has to be one of the coaches so that he is allowed to travel to visit players, families, and high schools. A designated recruiting coordinator confined to campus wouldn't be very effective.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
If Ash had even money between here and UW and still left, that is a tough pill to swallow.
Sure those guys are his friends, but he has tons of friends in Ames too.

I still think this hurts on the recruiting front regardless of what we do to replace.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Why are you treating that like a legitimate suggestion?

Because I believe some fans would probably like to give him a shot. As a coach, he has a good knowledge.
It's similar to when K-State gambled on Bob Huggins or some NBA teams are still enamored with signing Allen Iverson.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I've always wondered if there isn't a plan to have Chris pick up some experience with other systems/conferences/regions to strengthen his credentials for his next move(s). It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Paul asked him back to help for at least one year and then Paul would help place him where he could shine a little brighter or get his ticket punched. I'd think that Chris has a plan for his career (just like Herman) and I'd think that Paul would appreciate that and help him.

Overall, I think that it is quite possible that we will see Chris back someday. Hopefully as a final destination rather than a rest stop.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron