Chizik's Press Conference

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
The absolute worst was 3rd and goal on the 2 or 3 yard line, and no timeouts left with about 3-4 minutes left in the game and we run Robinson off guard for a loss of 1. Unreal. :no:

Quick... 2 minutes left on Ebay for this... Dirt cheap only $2. I'm sure the coaches have never seen this before.

pigskin-dummies.jpg

I'm so happy there are Monday Morning QB's every where. Heck on my X-box 360 I would of gone with the Goal line play action pass. Works everytime on my system...

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I never like the fade on third down, there are too many variables. IMO you have to let the play run as long as possible on third down and wait for the defense to break down, if you take a sack than so be it.

It's just a matter of the right pieces. When David Archer was our QB and I believe the receiver was Tracy Henderson - we LOVED the fade on 3rd down. It was a thing of absolute beauty.

With SJ and our QB's, you might find yourself loving it in a year or two.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
It's just a matter of the right pieces. When David Archer was our QB and I believe the receiver was Tracy Henderson - we LOVED the fade on 3rd down. It was a thing of absolute beauty.

With SJ and our QB's, you might find yourself loving it in a year or two.

Gino Toretta won a Heisman throwing the fade to Lamar Thomas and Horace Copeland, but not on third down. I love it first and second, but on third down I want to make sure someone is open instead of throwing it blind...

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
the only call I didn't like was the fad on 3 and goal late in the game. To me that is a very low probability of of success unless you have a 6'5" receiver that can jump and push off without getting flagged :wink:. Overall special team cost us 16 points. 9 from our field goal unit (2 were bad snaps) and Brodell scoring a TD.

We owned them in the 3rd quarter and couldn't close the deal when we had the ball. I kept looking at the stats on the board in the stadium and we were ahead in every category( well amost).

does this mean we can use "the better team lost" arguement we hear every year? kidding of course, a loss is a loss.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Gino Toretta won a Heisman throwing the fade to Lamar Thomas and Horace Copeland, but not on third down. I love it first and second, but on third down I want to make sure someone is open instead of throwing it blind...

You know... you might be right. I can't tell you with certainty that we ran that alot on 3rd down - but it sure seems like we did. In those days, we could bring alcohol into the stadium.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
I'm so happy there are Monday Morning QB's every where. Heck on my X-box 360 I would of gone with the Goal line play action pass. Works everytime on my system...

Goal line play action pass?! are you mad? Everyone knows you run the half back pass! :wink: :biglaugh:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Goal line play action pass?! are you mad? Everyone knows you run the half back pass! :wink: :biglaugh:

Well.... I also would suggest the end around or the hook and ladder.

No one can stop that madness

Ahem, Statue of Liberty...

13.jpg

Fake field goal on first down inside the 10 works every time. We should have done that.

You morans, a quick-kick would have been the best option on that play.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
You morans, a quick-kick would have been the best option on that play.

You just lost your credibility 22.... I award you no points for the quick kick.

Actually, I have no clue what play to call that close to the goal line. It's hard to play call for that when you always score on the 40+yard bomb over the top of the defense.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Everyone is a coach now these days. NCAA 09 even gave me a contract extension for my outstanding play calling.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I am getting really sick of ISU getting stuffed in short yardage situations. Funny thing is, I don't remember them trying the old QB sneak this year.