Children of the 90's: Surge or Jolt?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Surge or Jolt?

• Surge

Votes: 94 81.7%
  • Jolt

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I went with Surge, though both were great. I remember drinking a 2 liter of Surge at a friends house when I was 10 and felt like **** for a while. So good.

trevn

Jerome Tang Surveillance Team
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Surge and it ain't close. We had a surge machine at our high school and it was broken. It would always spit out two at a time.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Surge had the better marketing campaign for sure :D. I did like the taste of Jolt better.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I picked Jolt only because I don't remember Surge.... not sure that I ever had it??

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Is the Surge that recently came back comparable to the original or did they change the recipe? If I remember correctly, didn’t it make your pee basically glow in the dark like a phosphorescent highlighter?

Just looked at the new ones ingredients and lol one can is 110% of daily sugar.

Looks like Jolt is back as well as a Dollar General exclusive and has a measly 100% of daily sugar... pathetic.

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I hated both. Every time I drank them I thought I was going to barf.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Is the Surge that recently came back comparable to the original or did they change the recipe? If I remember correctly, didn’t it make your pee basically glow in the dark like a phosphorescent highlighter?

Just looked at the new ones ingredients and lol one can is 110% of daily sugar.

Looks like Jolt is back as well as a Dollar General exclusive and has a measly 100% of daily sugar... pathetic.

Mt Dew has 5 more grams of sugar per serving than surge.

We have a couple guys at work that can go through 8 to 12 cans of full strength dew in a day. Sometimes more. I had a guy at a previous job that basically didn’t eat, went through a 12 pack of dew during the day and then as soon as he got out of the parking lot, he was downing Milwaukee’s Best Ice for the rest of the night. He would finish a 6er on his drive home which was maybe 15 miles at most.

It makes me want to throw up just thinking about that much pop. I can hardly stomach a single can of non diet pop. If I have pop at all, it’s usually mixed with something else.

Our house is pretty much milk, water and some diet pop for me and the wife. No juice or anything like that for the kids.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I used to work at a little grocery store in high school. I remember that the owner used to have me go to the soda case at the end of the night and swirl the surge bottles around, because if they sat for too long, some kind of whitish sediment would build up at the bottom of the bottle. I never knew what that sediment actually was, but I like to pretend it was ground up yeti cartilage.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Remember crystal Pepsi? Or how about my most missed thing from the 90's the taco sub at subway...

Reactions: Peter