Chiefs/Steelers Screwed By Refs

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Right or wrong, I would only expect that to get called if SD blocked the kick because of the imbalance.

LOL. Do you only expect 12 men on the field to be flagged if that 12th man makes the tackle?

Right. Having that unbalanced of a line, right or wrong could make a kicker rush his attempt because he sees linemen that they don't have a prayer of blocking.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
If the officials would have not blown a field goal penalty called against the Chargers in the Houston game week one the Chargers would have been one game better and yesterday's game wouldn't have mattered. It all evened out this time. After years of being on the wrong end of bad calls I don't mind one bit that a formation penalty was missed (especially since an equally bad call cost the chargers a game this year).

As far as the fumble goes, the ball carrier's helmet came off well before the fumble. Play is dead at that point. Not the same situation as the UT game.

In the final analysis I would say the Chiefs were screwed but not the Steelers.

Last edited:

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
If the officials would have not blown a field goal penalty called against the Chargers in the Houston game week one the Chargers would have been one game better and yesterday's game wouldn't have mattered. It all evened out this time. After years of being on the wrong end of bad calls I don't mind one bit that a formation penalty was missed (especially since an equally bad call cost the chargers a game this year).

As far as the fumble goes, the ball carrier's helmet came off well before the fumble. Play is dead at that point. Not the same situation as the UT game.

Well before the fumble would be behind the first down marker then?????

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe

What gets me is that the play wasn't even reviewed. Coaches could not demand a review as it is solely up to the officiating crew during OT. I'd feel a lot better about it if the play had at least been reviewed.

Chargers must feel real proud of themselves reaching the playoffs by needing OT along with ineptitude by the officials to beat the Chiefs JV team.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
What gets me is that the play wasn't even reviewed. Coaches could not demand a review as it is solely up to the officiating crew during OT. I'd feel a lot better about it if the play had at least been reviewed.

Chargers must feel real proud of themselves reaching the playoffs by needing OT along with ineptitude by the officials to beat the Chiefs JV team.
Probably feel pretty decent about winning 5 of the last 6 including KC twice.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Succup missed a gimme for the Chiefs, but the refs missed a call completely that would have given the Chiefs a do-over 5-yards closer. The Chargers put 7 guys on the right side on the LOS which is against the rules, and the refs missed it completely. Great day of football, but it would have been better if the Steelers made it into the playoffs.

Seriously Succup, just make the kick. Should be an easy kick for an NFL kicker.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I'll go on record saying the illegal formation rules are dumb. You have 11 players. Let them line up anyway they want to.

abcguyks

Apr 11, 2006
Olathe
Probably feel pretty decent about winning 5 of the last 6 including KC once.

FIFY. SD beat the Chiefs once. That wasn't the Chiefs on the field yesterday.

Steelers should be playing next weekend instead of SD - Succop doesn't miss that kick twice if given the chance he should have had.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Steelers should be playing next weekend instead of SD - Succop doesn't miss that kick twice if given the chance he should have had.
Nobody forced the Chiefs to play a subpar lineup.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Steelers gonna whine. Like booing in the phog, or the sun rising in the east.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
As a Bengals fan, I can't say I'm upset on the blown call knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs, but wow there have been some game-changing officiating blunders in the NFL this year.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA

If Chargers aren't screwed on a field goal penalty in game one against Houston then yesterday's game doesn't matter. Karma came around for the Chargers for once.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If my Phins were going to choke, I wanted the Chargers to take there place. Hard year for my team. Missed a 35 harder to beat Baltimore earlier in the year that would've sealed the deal.

Then had the final playoff spot the last two weeks in a row, all the had to do was win a game. And they put up a total of 7 points.

Mike Sherman, I honestly believe, is the worst professional football mind that has a job.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site

When his helmet came off he was short of the first down so it does matter because the chiefs would have still got the ball terrible calls. Didn't matter for the Chiefs really but Phillis Rivers is a tool and I wish he wasn't in the playoffs.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
When his helmet came off he was short of the first down so it does matter because the chiefs would have still got the ball terrible calls. Didn't matter for the Chiefs really but Phillis Rivers is a tool and I wish he wasn't in the playoffs.
He definitely wasn't short of the first down when the helmet came off.

Help Support Us

Become a patron