Chicks in a grinder

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Omnivores.
We started out as hunter gatherers -- I study anthropology -- we are natural carnivores that adapted to be omnivores with settling and farming. Check out those four canines in your mouth, they were once much longer.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
You might want to go back and read the old testament :confused:

Grab some passages will ya? Every time they mention animals its, sacrificial to God, a gathering, or used as transportation. They also mentioned eating bread, figs, and other plant made items, probably as much if not more than animal offerings. What is left in your grab bag?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
We started out as hunter gatherers -- I study anthropology -- we are natural carnivores that adapted to be omnivores with settling and farming. Check out those four canines in your mouth, they were once much longer.

Hunting and gathering still tells me omnivore. Most primates still have this canine feature correct? Dont they eat alot of bugs n grass? I cant see us ever 100 percenting meat. Ever.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Grab some passages will ya? Every time they mention animals its, sacrificial to God, a gathering, or used as transportation. They also mentioned eating bread, figs, and other plant made items, probably as much if not more than animal offerings. What is left in your grab bag?

Well, we didn't eat meat until after the Flood. It's in Genesis 9:1-5 that it comes out that eating meat will be an acceptable meal for man. God was pretty explicit that eating meat was acceptable for man.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Well, we didn't eat meat until after the Flood. It's in Genesis 9:1-5 that it comes out that eating meat will be an acceptable meal for man. God was pretty explicit that eating meat was acceptable for man.

Uh, it just got Bibler in here. Its acceptible, I agree. Wonder why it didnt become a big deal till he flooded the place.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Uh, it just got Bibler in here. Its acceptible, I agree. Wonder why it didnt become a big deal till he flooded the place.
he had to flood earth......all the vegans were f'en up the place -- they didn't put plants 2x2 on the arc for a good reason :yes:

Last edited:

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

Yeah, and check out all those flat teeth we have in the back of our mouth, they are for grinding up plant material, because we are omnivores. How could you be an anthro major and state otherwise? Humans pretty well define what it means to be an omnivore.

Reactions: Angie and bos

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Was it a small pig? If it was full grown, it would have had to be one big human to really be hurting the pig at all.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Yeah, and check out all those flat teeth we have in the back of our mouth, they are for grinding up plant material, because we are omnivores. How could you be an anthro major and state otherwise? Humans pretty well define what it means to be an omnivore.
Homo erectus was directly ancestral to the earliest members of living species Homo sapiens

Together2813

Mar 29, 2006
Omaha, NE
Couple of things here. I saw this video as well. Do not forget about the agenda of the people producing this video. Yes, the hanging of sows seemed cruel, but it was actually an approved method (somehow, someway). If you think about it, what else would they do? Gunshot is very dangerous indoors. Captive bolt guns seem to be the most feasible way and the most humane, but are pretty expensive. People would also probably think that was cruel though. As for pig's having the same emotions as humans.... I've never been a pig, but the stuff they were showing in that video of the lady cuddling her pigs was just weird. I highly doubt that pigs have all the same emotions as people. To simplify human emotions like that is simply a turnoff.

As for the "swinging" of piglets for euthanasia, it is actually a very effective and humane form of euthanasia. It is quick and effective, and although it may look bad, all it is is blunt force trauma.

Another thing to note is that the undercover guy in that video was there for like 6 months or something if I remember correctly, and you can be sure that the absolute worst things he saw was in that video. Give the hog farmers a break, they are suffering enough right now.

I have nothing but respect for pig farmers. Truly I do. But those people in the video I saw were sitting there laughing at the pig hanging from the fork lift. The boys that were killing the pigglets were laughing and saying how much they hate pigs and it was easy to kill them like that.

I know that most pig farmers have more respect for their livestock and do things knowing that those pigs are making them money. They also probably don't just leave their pigs in really bad health because their pens are too dirty.

I'm just throwing that one pig farmer under the bus. I never said I was throwing them all under the bus.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
What does that matter? Homo Sapiens are omnivores. Whatever we evolved from is irrelevant.

I still dont think we were ever full on carnivores. What meat we did eat way back when was tougher to eat because we didnt have tools. The canines were used to tear. ****, we probably had to feed off of refuse from the hunt of other animals. If we didnt have cutting tools, we sure as hell didnt have spears.

Help Support Us

Become a patron