Cheez-It Bowl in Orlando playing Clemson (Wed., Dec. 29, 4:45 CT Kick)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
What non-Disney activities are there for mature adults or just the game?

Clearwater beach methamphetamine resort; Gator world; Bingo night at Frostproof Soylent Green manufactured housing park; Downtown Disney twerk night; rocket stuff and boring science crap over there at Cape Canaveral; Drive you car on the beach at Daytona and drop a quart of transmission fluid on some baby turtles while you shotgun bud ice; Orlando Magic basketball; Orlando Magic swingers club; Urban Meyer Chop House Jacksonville; knock-out game with foreign tourists;.......

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Clearwater beach methamphetamine resort; Gator world; Bingo night at Frostproof Soylent Green manufactured housing park; Downtown Disney twerk night; rocket stuff and boring science crap over there at Cape Canaveral; Drive you car on the beach at Daytona and drop a quart of transmission fluid on some baby turtles while you shotgun bud ice; Orlando Magic basketball; Orlando Magic swingers club; Urban Meyer Chop House Jacksonville; knock-out game with foreign tourists;.......
Sounds like you got a busy time lined up.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
You pretty much nailed Florida.

But the weather is lovely in late December.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Hey I love this, wife wasn't too thrilled with going and leaving the kids...I said ok lets all go. And she lit up like the Christmas tree. So after Christmas we are spending a week vacationing in Florida, Kids will have a blast, and my oldest and I will go to the game, on Wednesday while my wife and youngest 2 are finding some other fun kid friendly activities for the day. And the other days of the week we will enjoy a few other of the many tourist traps to visit.

Orlando is at least great for family friendly activities. And really the room prices are great. Its just the Flights and car rental prices that are insane. So we will be making it a road trip, to save a bunch.

Gonna be a great time!

And I am not sure I could have pulled this off at many of the other destinations we had options for.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Hey I love this, wife wasn't too thrilled with going and leaving the kids...I said ok lets all go. And she lit up like the Christmas tree. So after Christmas we are spending a week vacationing in Florida, Kids will have a blast, and my oldest and I will go to the game, on Wednesday while my wife and youngest 2 are finding some other fun kid friendly activities for the day. And the other days of the week we will enjoy a few other of the many tourist traps to visit.

Orlando is at least great for family friendly activities. And really the room prices are great. Its just the Flights and car rental prices that are insane. So we will be making it a road trip, to save a bunch.

Gonna be a great time!

And I am not sure I could have pulled this off at many of the other destinations we had options for.
Your kids will remember it for a lifetime.

The drive isn’t bad outside the stretch between ATL and Gainesville takes way longer than it seems it should.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
We were thinking we were going to pass after finding out Disney was a no go after just being there. Today I've been worried about having FOMO. We have a hotel booked for points right now. We would be driving. Trying to do it on the cheap after spending a ton last time ($1,000+). Would be three of us going with only two at the game. Struggling to decide if it is worth it?

Reactions: WhoISthis

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
I hope this isn't a repeat of ISU versus Notre Dame. I'd rather have played NC State

Love the match up. Not the destination.

We purchased the charter through ISU Alumni Assocation for ISU-ND camping world bowl in 2019

had to prepay for the “4-day trip”, before the itinerary was released
~ Day 1. Arrived in Orlando at 10pm
~ Day 4 boarded bus for airport at 5:00am
Was expensive and a 2-day affair ; Rained and the game was lousy……. Hotel was chaotic and a cattle call ;

buyer beware. Sorry for the DebbieDowner post.
Alumni people were great
— but this time I’d book hotel SW Florida (St Pete/Sarasota/Clearwater) and vacation there. — and commute to the game

Last edited:

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
This all comes down to which half of our Jeckyl/Hyde team shows up. If the good football team shows up for four quarters we win. If not….likely won’t be pretty.

Reactions: StPaulCyclone

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
This all comes down to which half of our Jeckyl/Hyde team shows up. If the good football team shows up for four quarters we win. If not….likely won’t be pretty.
I am surprised on the fact that right now we are a 0.5 pt favorite.

Wonder if the oddsmakers are factoring in Breece won't play? B/C I don't think he does.

Maybe guys like Charlie and others do? I don't think one game is that risky for a TE, or a guy like Hutchinson.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

Wonder if the oddsmakers are factoring in Breece won't play? B/C I don't think he does.

Maybe guys like Charlie and others do? I don't think one game is that risky for a TE, or a guy like Hutchinson.

Hopefully a ton of Clemson players are sitting this one out.

• Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive

I've been trying to bet on Clemson but can't find the game in Iowa.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
We were thinking we were going to pass after finding out Disney was a no go after just being there. Today I've been worried about having FOMO. We have a hotel booked for points right now. We would be driving. Trying to do it on the cheap after spending a ton last time ($1,000+). Would be three of us going with only two at the game. Struggling to decide if it is worth it?
It’s your money, but for my entertainment/travel/sports money, it is worth it.

We did the repeat to Memphis out of obligation. This is a 9 win Clemson team in a warm city, last time seeing a lot of all-time Cyclones. The extra cost over that Liberty Bowl trip is worth it, and in the grand scheme of things, not that much more.

• Winner
Reactions: everyyard