Check out this AMAZING Cyclone "tornado" logo concept

Apr 19, 2006
There is no way that wouldn't get used against us.
attachment.php
---------->
attachment.php

I purchased one of the shirts with the upright logo on the left and it is one of my favorites. Looks great and also great quality like everything Kagavi did.

Apr 19, 2006
Ya ever wonder if Miami fans have the same discussions? Team name: also a weather phenomenon. Team mascot: also a bird.

5230_miami_hurricanes-wordmark-2000.png

2535.png
gesyqi35d1g4p6t156zh0h7rz.png

What the heck is that 2nd logo??

It looks like the bird in a blender. You can see the orange beak at the top and the white swirled in on the sides. We must use the same marketing agency. Or turn it up side down and you have a whale turd!!

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
It looks like the bird in a blender. You can see the orange beak at the top and the white swirled in on the sides. We must use the same marketing agency. Or turn it up side down and you have a whale turd!!

When you consider that a cyclone is technically a hurricane over sea not a tornado this makes our identity even more confusing! Though colloquially twisters were referred to as cyclones at the time of our nickname (wizard of oz was written about the same time and the word tornado does not appear in the book it is cyclone every time.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
When you consider that a cyclone is technically a hurricane over sea not a tornado this makes our identity even more confusing! Though colloquially twisters were referred to as cyclones at the time of our nickname (wizard of oz was written about the same time and the word tornado does not appear in the book it is cyclone every time.

Damn. I was hoping no one would bring up this technicality.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
A little suggestion, if I may:

On the right side of the helmet I reversed the tip of the tornado so that it looked like its forward momentum matched the direction the player was facing:

501600.jpg

501604.jpg

Please forgive my primitive techniques.

You know what I think? Keep the I-State logos as primary on the helmet, and make those the "helmet stickers".

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
attachment.php

Really? People would prefer walking Cy to continue wearing a pair of Crocs? Give me break- he's far more intimidating with his velociraptor claws.

Does anyone have the skill to get the current logo on his chest?

@jdoggivjc: helmet stickers are messy and less of fad than they were in the 70s & 80s. I say leave um to Georgia & Ohio State.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
You walking Cy lovers have to take him with the "boots", no compromises. Give me the tornado logo or give me death.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Does anybody know where I can get a high res version of the classic tornado logo without the words on top? Thanks in advance

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I'm not sure one exists. You don't like the shading technique?

I don't have a problem with the new revamped version, it's pretty sweet, but the old one has always been my favorite ISU logo. I'm planning on doing a wooden cutout of it to hang on my wall and wanted to find out if the old version would be available to blow up to use as a pattern since I'm not good at free hand drawing.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
I guess I'm with you, jbh. Put that logo in front of someone with no association to the Cyclones and they have no clue what it is supossed to be. Definitely not something you want to encourage in logos.
Unless someone is a college sports fan, they aren't going to know regardless of which logo you use.