Check out ESPN's ISU Best Case

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
I kind of agree with the best and worst case in terms of wins and losses. Don't see Mangino's offense being so poor we switch to the wishbone though. Not completely sure if that was supposed to be a joke or not, Chatmon didn't use a jimlad.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
Seems there's no middle of the road in these scenarios, as the most realistic area is the 4-7 win area, in which Rhoads has landed all but last season.

yeah, I'm a little upset that an article that's purpose is to look at the two extremes of a team's potential didn't go to the middle of the road!

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
Some of you guys need to quit taking things like this so seriously. Of course 12-0 is technically the best case scenario. I thought it was a fun read that showed pretty good knowledge of ISU and what it would take for them to win.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I am trying to imagine some of the threads on this site if the football program starts 6-0... I just can't do it. Too unrealistic.

It's probably be led by Lakesbison saying "yeah, but if our wide receiver didn't drop that pass on fourth down, we would have beaten you guys instead of losing by 50 and you'd be 5-1".

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
In the '99-00 season, our football team won 9 games and our hoops team won the Big 12 and made it to the Elite 8. Are we looking at an encore exactly 15 years later?! Sign me up!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I kind of agree with the best and worst case in terms of wins and losses. Don't see Mangino's offense being so poor we switch to the wishbone though. Not completely sure if that was supposed to be a joke or not, Chatmon didn't use a jimlad.

Funny--the thought of going to the wishbone is kind of intriguing compared to what they've been attempting the last two years.