Cheating....

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
You people saying no, if the #1 and #2 DTs in the nation would come here for $10000 each and there was a 99% chance we wouldn't get caught, you wouldn't do it? You'd rather get your ***** stomped than have that talent?

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Or we could hire a coach with a vision and not afraid to be unconventional. I don't really know the identity of our current team or what we are trying to be. Seems to me we are just trying to beat the big boys at their own game with leftovers from their backyard.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Not a fan of that type of thing. I know a lot of you guys don't want to hear it but the whole "Honor Before Victory" thing is important to me.

sounds good when you are losing. but winning cures all, unfortunately.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
I wouldn't stoop to Penn State levels but if $10000 bucks is what it took to get a top recruit here I'm paying up. You're ******* nuts if you don't think ALL the top schools pay their top recruits.

what to we pay our top recruits? i mean, everybody does it.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Or we could hire a coach with a vision and not afraid to be unconventional. I don't really know the identity of our current team or what we are trying to be. Seems to me we are just trying to beat the big boys at their own game with leftovers from their backyard.

Sadly, i couldn't name a guy that we could hire that would be like that. I do agree though.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
You people saying no, if the #1 and #2 DTs in the nation would come here for $10000 each and there was a 99% chance we wouldn't get caught, you wouldn't do it? You'd rather get your ***** stomped than have that talent?

We would do that in a heartbeat. But we could give those guys 100k - still won't compare to what SEC is giving them.

That small peanuts stuff happens at every school - ISU included. Some spending money here and there. Its the 100k + a job for your parents + a car + a trailer that goes on in the SEC and at the big time programs.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Not a fan of that type of thing. I know a lot of you guys don't want to hear it but the whole "Honor Before Victory" thing is important to me.

We're one of the rare schools that allowed convicted felons to play.
We've had players using steroids before and most assuredly do right now.
We've had players who couldn't read at a 4th grade level.

As Cyclone fans we typically turn to this battle cry far later in the season and it makes the simpletons feel better about themselves.

We use this fictional moral high ground as an excuse for why we suck and why we're one of the worst college football programs of all times.

It most certainly is fictional, though. Don't kid yourself about that.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
I want nothing to do with harming children. I would be willing to entertain the idea of a liberal interpretation of certain rules. Maybe we havent realistically assessed the situation. We've certainly struggled to hire competent help.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Read my post...I didn't say cheat like penn st.i made a point that as reprehensible as what happend at penn st. They didn't get a death penalty and you know what recruits don't seem to give a **** because they are about to have a top 5 recruiting class. If you think that other programs don't $$ certain recruits and other programs don't use PEDs you are all blind. This is iowa st. With zero history and zero tradition. You have to either get damn lucky and hire an up and coming star of a coach who sticks around after moderate success or you cheat. Anyone that thinks SEC schools aren't handing out bags of cash are just in denial. Read the bagman article.

Spam

May 21, 2008
LOL. Now we're considering cheating so we have a chance against lower division teams at home

CyclonesForever

Nov 5, 2011
Ames, IA
If ISU cuts a few corners here or there like every school probably does I would be lying if I said I'd have a big deal with it. If ISU went out and intentionally broke rules in order to win I would have a problem with it.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I cant believe this is even a topic on our site smh

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
I wouldn't give a **** if we payed players to come here because then it would make us just like everyone else that cheats and actually wins. That's the nature of major college sports now. At least we don't need to do it in basketball.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Miss st offered Cam Newton Dad $150k for his son to go there. Had he gone miss st might have been playing for a NC. This is rampant in the sec. USC with Bush etc.. They won a national title u think there fans give a rats ***? No. And guess what USC is still USC. They've been down because of poor coaching. But hey we are ISU by golly we do it the right way and are the laughing stock of college fball and one of the 10 worst bcs programs ever. Fine, no cheating, then go find a stud coach and pay him 4-5 mil a year or be content with a below avg fball team.

Edit: a horrible football team

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron