Charlie Rogers transferred to IWCC?

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
He would have to sit out a year, this way he can play and not waste a year as a transfer while auditioning for a different d1 school.
If he wants to go back to EICC, he could play juco ball and transfer there to avoid being restricted by CPR and staff. Just a thought. Not sure he even wants to go there or if Iowa is even interested.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I think isufbcurt nailed it. Wasn't happy about last year. Transfer to IWCC, play one year, then transfer to a major BCS Conference. The chance is there the way IWCC gets recruited.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
He was named to the 2nd team All Big12 Academic team this year, which requires at least a 3.00 GPA so I doubt that it is grades.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It's not "elevating" Tribune over Rogers if Charlie is playing a different position. I don't believe Rogers played a single down at CB after the UNI game. He played solely at the nickel.

Well, obviously he got beat out at CB. He saw some time at NB, but Brackens took a majority of snaps at SAM except for when they went to multiple DBs, which wasn't as often as in the past due to Brackens' mobility. I figured that he would get a shot at Safety this year. But they brought in two JUCOs. I really don't know how much he would have played next year...he would have been in the competition for sure, but only if he was at Safety. Oh well. They're going to need Cotton, Cotton-Moya and Syrie to step up and provide competition for the JUCOs now.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Isn't this the guy that Rhoads says chased after him as he was leaving an event, during a time when Rhoads wasn't supposed to talk to recruits, but he wanted to commit to Rhoads in person right then and there?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Ding ding. Like I said he started the first game and then only played as a NB behind a true freshman and when Watson wasn't playing the staff went with SR instead of Rogers.

He can play 1 year at JUCO then 2 years at a D1 school since he redshirted in 2012.

I am personally disappointed by this, because I feel he should have been played more at CB. I hope he ends up at a big time program and shows the coaches they f'd up.

So, why do you think the coaches didn't play him more? I also recall them speaking very highly of him and always thought they still had big expectations for his future.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Indeed. That was some very effective stalking. As I recall, many of us were quite dismissive of the rumor back then.
As was Charlie.

So, why do you think the coaches didn't play him more? I also recall them speaking very highly of him and always thought they still had big expectations for his future.
Two senior starters at safety, perchance?

I know that they really, really needed him at nickel, with Jared Brackens' big issue being that he struggles in coverage.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
Indeed. That was some very effective stalking. As I recall, many of us were quite dismissive of the rumor back then.

Good find. After seeing this, I wondered why Iowa never offered him being a hometown boy? Maybe their high school coach knew something back then?

Last edited:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If it wasn't grades, there isn't much of a reason why he wouldn't transfer straight to another DI school.

If he transferred to another DI school he would have to sit out. This way he can play 1 year at JUCO then go back to D1 for 2 years. JMO but I think it is a smart move on his part.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
It's not "elevating" Tribune over Rogers if Charlie is playing a different position. I don't believe Rogers played a single down at CB after the UNI game. He played solely at the nickel.

Wuttt? Faulty logic.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
WTF are you talking about. So our coaches send him to IWCC for a year, so someone else can coach him and he can lose a year in our system, so that we can get him back the following year? Right, I'm sure that's what is going on.

He obviously doesn't want to be here. This allows him to play somewhere next year, reprove himself and hopefully, get an offer and go play for another D1 program.

Apparently wasn't talking to the coaches then was gone.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
******* blows, what the hell is going on with the football program? We have commits decommiting now this ****. Well next man in I guess.
1 decommit after major coaching changes. Not commits. They have returnees and commits that equaled 89 we only got 85 spots and we are.signing 3.more so we are going to here about a few more now or this spring that won't come back.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
As was Charlie.

Two senior starters at safety, perchance?

I know that they really, really needed him at nickel, with Jared Brackens' big issue being that he struggles in coverage.
This isn't true. He graded poorly in the UNI game. I know the kids family. I went to ICW and know a lot of.people he knows. He got moved to nickel because he would see more action there after they opted for Tribune. The smoke last year was real albeit the coaches convinced him to stick it out. Randy Riener's son (iowa qb) walked on and was good buddies with Charlie from West which think made it easier for him. Wouldn't be surprised if Rieners kid is at iwcc too now.

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Seems like the kind of guy that will wind up at UNI and make a huge impact there. Benny Sapp comes to mind when I look at Charlie Rogers. All the athletic ability in the world, just not getting it done on a larger stage.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron