Chaos

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wisconsin D is tough up front but their secondary is nothing special. Michigan’s receivers are having their way. An elite QB and passing offense would shred them to the point they’d have to back off.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think its payback for the Michigan catch in the endzone. That guy’s left foot was down before his right foot by 1/2” and should have been a TD. Instead they fumble the next play.

I think you let both stand or reverse both. Very similar plays in terms of evidence with two different replay decisions.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
UVA trying to take halftime lead. Got screwed bad on TD call. Hopefully replay fixed mistake.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I think you let both stand or reverse both. Very similar plays in terms of evidence with two different replay decisions.
Agreed. Pretty inconsisent replays calls. Unless they had a different camera angle from Wisconsin’s catch that we didn’t see.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't think Michigan is great but they are better than Wisky....or maybe just very well suited to play against Wisky type teams. They should be up two or three TD's.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't think Michigan is great but they are better than Wisky....or maybe just very well suited to play against Wisky type teams. They should be up two or three TD's.

Wisconsin just won’t face many great offenses all season. Even Ohio State it depends on the day if they can pass like a D1 team.

Reactions: heitclone

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I thought both replay calls were good. I didn't see any difference between the feet of the Michigan receiver, looked like they came down simultaneously to me. And the ground did appear to help the Wisconsin receiver hold on to that ball.

Should Wisconsin win out, remember that means they'll have a win over Ohio State in the B1G championship game. No way the committee leaves them out then. But you know they're also trying to figure out how to get two SEC teams in. If Auburn beats Bama, then Georgia wins the SEC title game, it's not out of character for the committee to put both Georgia and Bama in (one loss apiece). Should Wisconsin win out, there's your third. If Miami goes unbeaten ... Sorry, Big XII, Iowa State screwed you guys over again.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I thought both replay calls were good. I didn't see any difference between the feet of the Michigan receiver, looked like they came down simultaneously to me. And the ground did appear to help the Wisconsin receiver hold on to that ball.

Should Wisconsin win out, remember that means they'll have a win over Ohio State in the B1G championship game. No way the committee leaves them out then. But you know they're also trying to figure out how to get two SEC teams in. If Auburn beats Bama, then Georgia wins the SEC title game, it's not out of character for the committee to put both Georgia and Bama in (one loss apiece). Should Wisconsin win out, there's your third. If Miami goes unbeaten ... Sorry, Big XII, Iowa State screwed you guys over again.

If Miami goes on to lose, I could see a couple scenarios where it’s two from SEC and two from b1g. Yes, I’m that jaded.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So far:
Michigan’s crap offense: 10
Wisconsin’s crap offense:0
Wisconsin special teams: 7

Yeah an entire conference or two doesn’t need to be excluded from the playoff for Wisconsin.

• Agree
Reactions: TykeClone

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
But then Miami is losing today. Although I'd bet Clemson gets in if they win the ACC, even with that bad loss to Syracuse.

If Wisconsin loses today, then win the B1G, they could very well be out. Maybe. If Ohio State wins the B1G, even with two losses, boy the ESPN push to put them in will be ridiculous.

The SEC champ will be in. As I mentioned, the committee will be tempted to put two SEC teams in, especially if Bama doesn't win the conference.

Oklahoma has to win out to have a chance. It's crazy that a one-loss Sooner team that thumped Ohio State in Columbus might get left out, but ... they might get left out, even with tOSU getting in. This is what a committee made up of people dazzled by traditional names and doublespeak rationalizations has brought us.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Meanwhile, while other teams are playing decent teams, Clemson is playing The Citadel, and Alabama is playing somebody named MER. It's really a big advantage that they get this free week late in the year.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If Miami goes on to lose, I could see a couple scenarios where it’s two from SEC and two from b1g. Yes, I’m that jaded.

Ohio State got blown out twice by a team we beat and a team we played to OT. Until they make a conference champs-only rule I think two from SEC might make more sense than a big ten team this year.

Conf champs only would be good I think but they moved away from it after they had favored it previously in order to help the committee’s favorite team.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
DO7yt8sXUAATM62.jpg

I guess you could argue that's too close to overturn and call a TD, but the feet definitely didn't land simultaneously.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS